Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Johnnynjr

Default Windows 8.1 Preview

I guess I'll be the first to ask, any idea how to get the drivers to work with the Windows 8.1 Consumer Preview? Driver install package says the OS is not supported. Using compatibility mode to install does not work either. Tried pointing at the driver in the Windows.old directory from the previously working Windows 8 install, but it isn't recognized. Also, captured the install files and tried to point at them manually to update the drivers, all to no avail. I'll keep trying, don't want to lose my 3 monitor setup
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
TBolt

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61769

Are these the drivers you used? Before I found these drivers, I was in reboot hell. Everything is working very well so far now that I have the drivers for 8.1.

Thank you, DisplayLink, for a fast release.

P.S.: Will these beta drivers auto-update to final release? Or, do we need to re-install later?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
sgtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61769

Are these the drivers you used? Before I found these drivers, I was in reboot hell. Everything is working very well so far now that I have the drivers for 8.1.

Thank you, DisplayLink, for a fast release.

P.S.: Will these beta drivers auto-update to final release? Or, do we need to re-install later?
Ditto, ended my reboot hell as well!

The ONLY thing I can't seem to fix is to independently set scaling to all three monitors. It adjusts scaling on the big external monitors and not the tablet/laptop screen.

Other than that, I have all three screens up and running, my Helix tablet screen is just tiny. :-)
Old 06-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
jdbnet

Thumbs up Network Connection

Prior to the 8.1 upgrade, I connected wirelessly. Now when the Targus DisplayLink is connected, I can only connect with the wired connection. I tried disabling the card, but that did not allow the wireless to work. I disconnected and even cycled power on the wireless. No Joy.

Other than that, so far so good. The Surface Pro + DisplayLink is a fantastic combination.

BTW, I was really suppressed to find a driver (even a beta). Kudos to DisplayLink! I'll give special mention to this on my FaceBook... https://www.facebook.com/JdbConsultantsInc
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Johnnynjr

Those beta drivers worked. I don't know how I missed them. Thanks to everyone who replied, and kudos again that they are available so quickly!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
jdowsett

Default A couple issues

I can no longer spread my RDP over multiple screens after the Win 8.1 preview. It also seems like my monitors are scaling different than before - but I can't really say exactly how - I just notice the difference. Its like my tablet is try to match my monitor. Thxs for the drivers so quickly btw. Not sure if this is a DisplayLink Issue or Win 8.1 issue.

Surface Pro running 8.1 with HP branded displaylink.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Alzero

Default Windows 8.1 Preview

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going to the charms bar on the right side of the screen, selecting devices, selecting project, and then extend. It will stop your first external from mirroring your main windows unit and your second external will also work fine.

I have now run into another problem, I just updated the latest upgrades to the windows 8.1 preview and it has knocked out my diplay link box. 8.1 reports that it cannot get a valid address from the unit. My second external is dark.

Any ideas or help for this?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
JamesH

Hi guys,

If you find any issues please create a new thread and be sure to attach the debug logs.

Thanks,
James
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdowsett View Post
I can no longer spread my RDP over multiple screens after the Win 8.1 preview. It also seems like my monitors are scaling different than before - but I can't really say exactly how - I just notice the difference. Its like my tablet is try to match my monitor. Thxs for the drivers so quickly btw. Not sure if this is a DisplayLink Issue or Win 8.1 issue.

Surface Pro running 8.1 with HP branded displaylink.
Hi,

I think the scaling is a feature of Windows 8.1.

I'll check on this.

Thanks,
James
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Alzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi guys,

If you find any issues please create a new thread and be sure to attach the debug logs.

Thanks,
James
I would but I am not a developer. Latest updates to Windows 8.1 preview have taken down my Targus Beyond HD Adapter.

I have also attempted to uninstall the beta drivers, they appear to be deleted, but on reinstalling the drivers the setup program exits soon after startup saying that the latest version is installed. Somehow even though the drivers get deleted from the control panel - they seem to persist.

Tags
windows 8.1