Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
liamdg

Default Display Link Causes PC to crash

Hello,

I have been using a simple Dell PC running Windows 7 for a couple of years with one monitor with no problem. I bought another monitor in order to use them together and purchased your USB to VGA/DVI adaptor. It took a couple of times for the Display Link software to install - I tried once from the CD but it kept reinstalling itself and then told me the operating systems was not compatible (Windows 7?), so I then went to your website and downloaded the latest version and it installed fine.

All was ok for about 10 mins and then the screen froze before the computer proceeded to reboot itself. The frequency of the crash varies from 2 mins to 20. Sometimes I'm working on it, sometimes I am on the phone and not touching the computer and it crashes. Either way it renders the system unusable so I have had to unplug the USB and I am back to one monitor, no crashes, and a useless adaptor taking up space on the floor by my feet.

Any thoughts on how I can solve this problem?
liamdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Just Me

Default New USB drivers?

You may want to try new USB drivers. I had a similar problem on Windows 8 and I uninstalled DL and the NVidia drivers. I had to use Driver Fusion to get rid of all the pieces of the NVidia drivers. I rebooted, reinstalled the latest NVidia drivers, updated the USB drivers from Intel's website, and then reinstalled DL.

This seem to fix it for me. YMMV

I still have the occassional freeze on the DL connected monitor, mostly when running Chrome on it.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote