Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
fonzman

Default Displaylink not recognized on Lenovo Notebook

Hi everybody,

I'm having troubles getting my Kensington sd400v working. The device is connected over USB, the USB Hub seems to work fine. Also the green power light is on. But Windows 7 64bit seems not to recognize the DisplayLink USB device (USB Display Adapters). Latest driver software is installed, also the service is running. But there's no tray icon and I am not able to configure the device.

I already tried using a different USB port, USB cable and so on. Power adapter is connected as well.

It was working fine with my former notebook (Dell) also running Win7 x64. But it won't work with my new one (Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520).

Is anybody able to help?
fonzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
fonzman

One more thing that could be important:

My notebook has switchable graphics with a Mobile Intel HD Graphics Adapter and a AMD Radeon HD 6630M.

Could this be a problem?

Funny thing is that Lenovo also lists a DisplayLink based USB docking station with video as accessory for that model.

Pleeeeeaaaase help :-)
Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Wim

I'm afraid that the latest (v5.6) DisplayLink software is not compatible with the sd400v (the dock with auto install). Currently v5.5 is the latest supported release with this dock.

The sd400v is the only affected product and we're working with Kensington to provide an update path for this. However, in the meantime you will need to use v5.5 with this dock.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
fonzman

The v5.5 driver package is working. Thanks for your help Wim!

Seems that also Kensington delievers v5.6 for download of their homepage because I also tried that one.

Nevertheless, everything is fine now. Big Thank You!

Peter
Old 02-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
s.romas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzman View Post
Hi everybody,

I'm having troubles getting my Kensington sd400v working. The device is connected over USB, the USB Hub seems to work fine. Also the green power light is on. But Windows 7 64bit seems not to recognize the DisplayLink USB device (USB Display Adapters). Latest driver software is installed, also the service is running. But there's no tray icon and I am not able to configure the device.

I already tried using a different USB port, USB cable and so on. Power adapter is connected as well.

It was working fine with my former notebook (Dell) also running Win7 x64. But it won't work with my new one (Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520).

Is anybody able to help?
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E525 with a Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video Model: VDK8736 and I can't get either the latest displaylink software or v 5.5 to work. It's also running 64 bit Win 7.

I did all the steps on the debugging post that is stickied and everything checks out. It's just that the displaylink icon doesn't show up and no video on the external monitor.
s.romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.romas View Post
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E525 with a Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video Model: VDK8736 and I can't get either the latest displaylink software or v 5.5 to work. It's also running 64 bit Win 7.

I did all the steps on the debugging post that is stickied and everything checks out. It's just that the displaylink icon doesn't show up and no video on the external monitor.
The Lenovo dock doesn't have auto install, so it is a different problem to the one in this thread. Please open a new thread with the log files if you want us to look at it further.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote