Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #1
needsmacosdisplayport

Default HDMI 4k@60hz + G-Sync Displayport on MacOs Catalina

I have https://www.newegg.com/black-wavlink...1DN-0023-00014 with an Acer Predator XB321HK and XB271HU.

I have 2 different questions.
  1. ~~HDMI 4k@60Hz not working on MacOs Catalina. For the 321HK I'm only able to get 4k@30Hz. Is there something I'm missing?~~ HDMI 1.4 only supports 4k@30 hz. So I really need Displayport to work
  2. G-Sync Displayport for Macos support. Displayport is not working for either monitor. Looking on the forums and the latest Window release apparently Acer G-Sync displays are not Displayport compliant. What is the timeline on a macos release with the g-sync fix? Could someone send me maybe a development build for MacOS with the g-sync fix patched in?

I am attaching my lops from the support tool. I've checked that the extension is loaded and did the crsutil step I saw in another post.

This is my first time posting so please let me know if I'm missing anyhting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200429_163546.zip (590.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by needsmacosdisplayport; 05-01-2020 at 01:06 AM.
needsmacosdisplayport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed description.

Right now we are not supporting G-sync monitors as we are still working on them. What I may propose for you would be a usage of our BETA driver as there is huge difference between these two drivers. In BETA driver we get differently the system information which may be an 1st issue that you described.

Additionally, we do have a different firmware version in this driver which possibly affects your 2nd problem.

Please update the driver and launch the application so you will have it visible in right upper corner.

Please let me know if that resolves your issue. If not, please gather the log files one more time from a new driver.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
needsmacosdisplayport

Thank you Jakub! The beta works well with the DisplayPort! Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the official release.
needsmacosdisplayport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Gre4ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsmacosdisplayport View Post
I have https://www.newegg.com/black-wavlink...1DN-0023-00014 with an Acer Predator XB321HK and XB271HU.

I have 2 different questions.
  1. ~~HDMI 4k@60Hz not working on MacOs Catalina. For the 321HK I'm only able to get 4k@30Hz. Is there something I'm missing?~~ HDMI 1.4 only supports 4k@30 hz. So I really need Displayport to work
  2. G-Sync Displayport for Macos support. Displayport is not working for either monitor. Looking on the forums and the latest Window release apparently Acer G-Sync displays are not Displayport compliant. What is the timeline on a macos release with the g-sync fix? Could someone send me maybe a development build for MacOS with the g-sync fix patched in?

I am attaching my lops from the support tool. I've checked that the extension is loaded and did the crsutil step I saw in another post.

This is my first time posting so please let me know if I'm missing anyhting.
this is actually for TV 4K plugin too mac?
Gre4ka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina, displayport, g-sync, hdmi