Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #1
rd123

Default Big Sur Beta

Dare I ask if anyone's tried it yet and if the current drivers work or not?
rd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

As for now we have tested that the KEXT classic driver is working on the Big Sur beta.

We are still investigating the issue so we may have more pieces of information in the future.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
mrogers

Hello Jakub,

I am a little bit confused by your reply. First you said the the software WORKS with Big Sur...but then you said you were going to look further into the problem.

Does it work or not?

Thank you,

Matt
mrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello mrogers,

Sorry, you are right that I could be more specific but at that moment I did not have enough information to post it here.

Currently, we have tested that the previously mentioned KEXT driver is working on the Big Sur beta but the application driver (1.0) is still being tested by our engineers .

Please note down that this version of MacOS 11 is still a very early version where developers may test their solutions and hence our present driver was not released for this MacOS version.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
steads

Default Big Sur KEXT

Yah, we're contemplating buying a bunch of the Dell D6000 docks because it would be ideal for hoteling desks and social distancing for both mac and PC users, single cable dual monitors, ,etc. But if there are going to be issues going forward with Big Sur in the fall - its not going to make any sense to go down this path. Hopefully, this gets handled sooner than later so I can make a decision.

Hopefully we can get a definitive go, no-go on this sooner than later.
steads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #6
pacmanbneNL

I can tell you this from the tests I have done as I use the D6000 docks everything on the doc works except multiple external screens. So if your solution has only 1 external screen and the laptop screen even if they dont fix this issue in time it still works but if you have 2 or more external screens like me then it does not work. My Big Sur Test Laptop which is a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" complains at boot about DisplayLink with an error "The Application DisplayLink Manager.app cant be opened. -1" which appears to line up with Jakub's feedback earlier
pacmanbneNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
4ndyRomero

Exclamation Black Screen on Big surf beta 2

Hi! do you know when the new driver will be developed?
4ndyRomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #8
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

As Big Sur has been released just 3 weeks ago, it is early Beta release it allows our developers to just to start working on the new driver therefore we do not have any dates set yet for the official release.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #9
Maranthis

Just a note to everyone who's looking for a solution, it looks like there's just a problem with the launcher.

The actual Displaylink Manager application binary does work, you can right click on it, Show Package Contents, go to Contents/MacOS and double click on the DisplayLinkUserAgent binary to run it.
Maranthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #10
HectorLarks1

Default BigSur compatibility.

Got a two monitor setup with thunderbolt docking station. Software app doesn’t run but if you either launch the MacOS executable inside the app it runs. Terrible load times on the executable and constant crashes and restarts of the app itself. When running the screen redraws are slow. Lost clamshell ability. Can’t consider this into production at this time. Can’t use 5.2.1 driver since last Catalina update.

Logs are encrypted or encoded and are not readable at all (why?)

Major work needs to be done for this to be ready for BigSur.

My business is to prepare my clients for what’s coming up. This is terrible news to give them at this point for Mac work at home hardware procurement plans.
HectorLarks1 is offline   Reply With Quote