Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #1
argh

Default HP Pro Book - ext replicator only one screen

HI,

I'm having a problem that I see from google many other people have and it's proving difficult to fix.
I've installed the latest drivers for the GFX card from intel site and my vendor and the latest display link drivers too.
But the problem that persists is that my external replicator which has 3 monitor ports (2xhdmi and 1x vga) only ever shows one monitor despite which combination or order of connection takes place.
I've tried several monitors are well.

So the HP PRO 430 GL I'm using has a HDMI port on it's side. If I plug one monitor in there I end up with 3 displays. The built in screen and two external monitors.
If I closed the lid that goes down to 2 monitors. - the external ones.

If I have two hooked up to the ext port replicator I only get two displays. int and one ext. Close the lid and then I get only one, the ext.

I'm willing to concede that it is partially down to the port replicator - no name no model cheap Chinese market device.
I had trouble with the LAN port and had to install different drivers than windows installed by default in order to stop random disconnections and the device disappearing from device manager - effectively it was uninstalling itself.
Different Intel chipset fixed that.

What I do see from time to time with the ext display is that the screen disappears but comes back after a second. it does this randomly.
There is enough power plugged into the port replicator which his then passing power to the laptop. But this happens even if the laptop is powered directly through the barrel jack and replicator is powered or not via its USB3 power connector port.

I've run the Disoplay Link diagnostic tool but only noted this after trying all new drivers and then coming here. But perhaps the debug shows something ?
The drivers all installed without errors being reported.

My goal:: To have 2 or 3 external monitors working, ideally along side the internal display but doesn't have to be. But more than the 1 at the moment.
Whilst I can get 3 working if I use the internal monitor port that defeats the point of having a port replicator.

If it's down to the replicator I'd welcome advice on ones which are known to work properly.

Happy to debug my end, install stuff, and rip the adapter apart and resolder/repair something if it comes to it !!

Last edited by argh; 03-03-2022 at 02:52 PM.
argh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
argh

Well, to answer my own thread and being happy to do so, I've got it to work now from a combination of removing all of the drivers for graphics, having a jolly good purge and then re-installing the latest OEM driver once gain which is older than the Intel driver and the OEM displaylink which is older than the one on displaylink website.

It's working with 1x int and 2x ext max, so the 3x ext ports will mirror one display in the order that you plug them in. But dont disconnect a display as it goes a little weird.
But it's great, it works !

My other laptop an older dell with a proper multi pin docking station has 3x ext display connected and just works...
argh is offline   Reply With Quote