Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
ManUtdBruin

Default kensington office dock AND diamond bvu160

hi, i have been running, on vista, the kensington office dock w/dvi and ethernet using displaylink drivers since late 2010. i haven't updated the drivers at all because it was working fine, so the drivers are those that came with the kensington office dock (they install off the dock when plugged in). i had an external monitor hooked up via dvi through the kensington office dock.

yesterday, i wanted to add an additional monitor, so i bought the diamond bvu160 (165 maybe?) usb-to-dvi adapter. however, upon installing the diamond bvu displaylink drivers, my kensington office dock no longer works for display purposes (the usb ports, etc. work).

i have seen and followed the displaylink website solution to install (after complete uninstall) the kensington office dock drivers without plugging the dock in, then installing the latest displaylink drivers, and THEN plugging the dock in. but this doesn't work in getting the kensington office dock to display (remember, this is even before installing the diamond bvu, which was uninstalled). unlike the website solution, on mine the office dock doesn't complete the install after seeing that updated displaylink drivers are already installed.

i have recently written a long email with more information to displaylink support, but i forgot to copy it to paste here, so i don't feel like writing out the very detailed things i have already tried (i will answer questions detailing what i have already tried). i appreciate anyone's help into getting BOTH the kensington office dock display AND the diamond bvu160 display to work at the same time.
thanks much.
ManUtdBruin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diamond, displaylink installation, driver installation, driver issue, kensington