Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
CeeJaa56

Cool No Monitor Detected (Dell Docking D6000)

I'm trying to help a friend get her two monitors (LG using HDMI and Samsung using DisplayPort) working with the Dell Docking Station D6000. We've downloaded the proper DisplayLink software and allowed access to record, but still no detection. Her external mouse and keyboard are working connected to the docking station with a dongle, so I know the docking station is working.

She has a MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur Version 11.4. I know the configuration works because I have a Dell Docking Station D6000 running on my MacBook Pro 13" M1 running macOS Big Sur Version 11.4. So if it can handle the new Apple M1 chip machine, it should be able to handle the Intel chip in her machine.

I'm at a loss as to why it's not detecting the monitors. Could having one on an HDMI cable and the other on a DisplayPort cable create the problem? The LG doesn't have a DP port, or we'd have the both using that cable.

And we've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Disconnecting and reconnecting the docking station. Opening and closing the laptop. And oddly, ONCE we saw "monitor detected". Then it disappeared. But the monitors still never worked.

Any suggestions? I wish I could be there in person to work through this with her, but we're many miles apart.

Thanks!!
CeeJaa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Note from moderator - I moved your post into the 'Mac Software' area of the forum for greater visibility.

In an ideal situation, swapping your D6000 dock with your friend's D6000 dock would help determine if the dock hardware is a contributor to the current behavior. However, given your distance apart it is understandable that is not possible.

Others have reported that upgrading the firmware of their D6000 docks can sometimes help with unexpected behavior.

However, the firmware updater from Dell only runs on Windows --> https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...-d6000/drivers

Is there any chance your friend can get temporary access to a Windows system in order to ensure the firmware in her unit is up to date? That would help remove one more variable from the equation.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

It would be useful to see the logfiles while the problematic D6000 is connected.
Please follow the steps in the below article and collect those for further analysis: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Thank you,
Kate
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote