Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #1
russ-codes

Default Thank you for the 1.4 update!

I wanted to take a moment and celebrate the 1.4 update. I have had a Targus quad dock that utilizes DL (DisplayLink) for over 2 years and have observed the steady progress of the DisplayLink drivers over time.

I'm a developer who utilizes 3 displays, 1 landscape, 2 portrait.

I've watched the evolution from the standalone driver, to DLM 1.0, to now DLM 1.4

Can I just say THANK YOU devs SO MUCH for solving the rotated display performance issues that have plagued me for years. The new DLM 1.4 experience is everything I hoped for having equal performance to plugging in monitors directly to the mac.

I am more than happy to give up clamshell mode to get the rotated performance in the short term and would even offer that clamshell mode "kind of" works - the displays just try to sleep after a brief period of time is all.

The release notes are clear to point out clamshell mode not supported in 1.4 with intel based macs. May I ask if there are plans to add it sometime in the future or will the path forward be full support on M1 macs only? I will not ask for timelines or promises. I'm purely curious if these features exist on the backlog.

I know the devs have worked on a lot of issues with macs over the past 2 years and I'm sure it's tiring. You probably also only hear about the issues and rarely hear about happiness of the successes. I'm here to change that. Thank you for this release. Thank you for fixed rotational support on intel based macs. The rotation performance is AMAZING and equal to plugging directly into the mac. You've made a happy camper out of me and I'm completely giddy about the improvement in user experience

Last edited by russ-codes; 07-14-2021 at 04:15 PM.
russ-codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words and we are happy that you see the improvement and it serves you well.

As for Clamshell mode in Intel based computers, yes it is something that we actively working on, it is planned. However I cannot commit to any dates for the release as of now but it sure is planned!

Best regards,
Kate
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote