Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Jickelsen

Unhappy All rotations work... but I broke the standard one? How do I reset back?

Hello
I just purchased the Lenovo ThinkVision 1421 monitor and installed it on OSX Lion 10.7.4 with the ordinary 1.8 drivers. At first it worked great until I tried rotation. This DID WORK, but when I tried rotating BACK to 0 degrees the display would either freeze with the last image or show a corrupt pattern.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (also tried the alphas) but I cannot get the ordinary orientation to work any longer. The drivers do indeed seem to uninstall, the two Extension-files mentioned here on the forum are no longer present. However, when I tried to install the 1.7 drivers (as I was getting desperate) after uninstalling 1.8 they still complained about a newer version already having been installed. This leads me to believe the uninstall is not complete anyway.

The monitor works fine in standard orientation in Windows 7. How can I reset my monitor/drivers back so they work with standard orientation in OS X again?
Jickelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Jickelsen

Exclamation

Here are the logs, both verbose before and after plugin and error (in this case, the screen is blank as it was already set to standard rotation before plugin).

The screen works again if rotation is set to 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
I also included a log after I rotated the screen 90 so it works, and one where I've rotated it back to 0 so it doesn't work again (this time showing corruption instead of just being black).

Of note is that the Dock process uses around 100% CPU once the screen has been plugged in, even once it's been rotation to work again.

Last edited by Jickelsen; 08-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Jickelsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lion, rotation