Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
jbrown70

I tried powering down and rebooting. I do not have the lights flashing on the back of the dock. The wire is good I am running on it now. I have used the ethernet through the dock before but it just quit working.
jbrown70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
eriklherisson

i have the same exact issue with the Targus gigabit ethernet my pc thinks the cable is unplugged i have lights on the ports and cable is proven to work
eriklherisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriklherisson View Post
i have the same exact issue with the Targus gigabit ethernet my pc thinks the cable is unplugged i have lights on the ports and cable is proven to work
If you power cycle the dock, does this recover the issue?
Does this occur every time you attach?
What is the status of the gigabit adapter in device manager?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
eriklherisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
If you power cycle the dock, does this recover the issue?-Yes
Does this occur every time you attach?--Yes
What is the status of the gigabit adapter in device manager? --i cannot see teh ethernet adapter any more

Thanks

Wim
yes
no
Teh adapter is not showing anymore in device manager weird ? i cannot find a driver nor get windows to recognize
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
eriklherisson

ok I reset the tarsus dock!
1- it seems to pull power thru the usb ports as I disconnected the power line and the brick's green light would not go out ? So i unplugged all USB and the bricks light died out ! This seemed to actually kill power to the dock. I plugged power back in and it started and re installed device all is good i have internet thru dock
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
jmtechguy

Default Connected to network, but can't browse web pages

When I unplug the network cable from the back of the dock and use the wireless connection, I have no issues with browsing network directories/files or browsing websites through IE. With the network cable plugged in and the wireless disconnected, I can still browse to shared files/directories on the network but when browsing websites, some won't connect and most don't load in any readable format. It looks like the Targus Gigabit Ethernet driver is installed and working fine, just having issues browsing websites.

Attached is the debug report that was run while the network cable was plugged in and the wireless was disconnected.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HICKS-PC_20121112_163601.zip (661.9 KB, 2 views)
jmtechguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #17
Spakly

Hi guys,

I had this and tried reinstalling the drivers etc with no luck. In the ethernet settings there was no MAC address. I manually added one and it worked.

This is for a corporate Win 7 x64 image, the Dell OEM worked. There was a driver not included in the Dell service tag downloads which was on the link:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=315

(Intel USB 3.0 for Dell Latitude XPS)

This seemed to fix the problem. Dell needs to add this to their download page!

Last edited by Spakly; 11-16-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Spakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #18
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtechguy View Post
When I unplug the network cable from the back of the dock and use the wireless connection, I have no issues with browsing network directories/files or browsing websites through IE. With the network cable plugged in and the wireless disconnected, I can still browse to shared files/directories on the network but when browsing websites, some won't connect and most don't load in any readable format. It looks like the Targus Gigabit Ethernet driver is installed and working fine, just having issues browsing websites.

Attached is the debug report that was run while the network cable was plugged in and the wireless was disconnected.
The logs show that we were able to ping www.google.com through the Gigabit Ethernet connection on the dock when the logs were taken:

Pinging www.google.com via DL DeviceTargus Giga Ethernet

Pinging www.google.com [173.194.75.147] from 10.20.12.37 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.194.75.147: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=47
Reply from 173.194.75.147: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=47

This means that it looks like you have internet connectivity through the Targus dock and the problem with websites must be somewhere higher up in the network on the PC.

Wim
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakly View Post
I had this and tried reinstalling the drivers etc with no luck. In the ethernet settings there was no MAC address. I manually added one and it worked.
How did you know there was no MAC address and where did you set it? Our Ethernet controller should always have a MAC address...

Wim
Old 11-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
half_pint!

Default My problem sounds similar, too!

Recently bought a Dell XPS13, Windows 7 OS, and a Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station with Power and have had nothing but probs with internet connections. When initally setup the equipment on our small office network everything seemed to work fine, except we thought the internet connection was unreasonably slow. Then disconnects started happening with recovery after a few seconds to a minute. As of yesterday, we can't get out to the internet at all with the network cable plugged in through the targus docking station.

When I unplug the network cable from the back of the dock and use the wireless connection, I have no issues with browsing network directories/files or browsing websites through IE. With the network cable plugged in and the wireless disconnected, I can still browse to shared files/directories on our intranet but cannot get out to the internet. The link lights show everything is fine, but the computer says there is a cable disconnected when I diagnose the problem. I even tried different cables, powered the machine on and off, and even restarted my router. Other users in the office are browsing the internet with no problems while this is happening.

I also plugged a USB 2.0 to gigabit Ethernet NIC network adapter into the XPS13 to route the ethernet cable directly in to the computer to make sure it wasn't an issue with the computer...and everything works just fine that way.

My conclusion is that it is something internally wrong with the Targus Docking station. Is there something else I can try, or has anyone had this exact same issue and found a fix????

Thanks for any help....my manager is beyond P.O. right now....as its his machine.
half_pint! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gigabit ethernet, targus, usb 3.0