Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-13-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
Rodrigo Brito

Angry W10 - Laptop DELL 7559 - Graphic Card Dont Work

Hi guys.

I bought a Dell Dockstation D3100 to mount a place of study and games (more clean space). I have one Dell 7559 (8Gb Ram / 1 tb hd / cpu i5-6300hq 2.30ghz / gpu nvidia gtx 960m + intel hd graphics 530), my monitor is LG UltraWide 25' (25um58-p) -Reso 2560x1080.

Alright, go to problem. I'm going to play Archeage, when open i only see LAG LAG LAG LAG LAGLAG my fps down to 10-14.
After many hours test... i discover that my gpu nvidia dont work using Dell Dockstation D3100, i chagend in Painel Nvidia to force use Your Gpu .. i tried extend monitor, duplicate monitor, i try manyyy methods but ... loss this battle

When i try play using Dockstation the Graphic Intel 530m set to principal... i could not set to Nvidia Graphic Card...

Ps, when i displace the Dockstation and play the game... the Nvidia Graphic Card set to principal normaly...

Months Before i play normaly using the dockstation ... he was using my Nvidia Graphic Card .. no more

How to make my DockStation use my Graphic Card NVIDIA from my laptop ?

I need Help guys, this dock in Brazil cost so many

** Sorry For Bad English <3

**Ps;1 I try set in painel control nvidia add program and set this to Nvidia Graphic Card
Rodrigo Brito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
Rodrigo Brito

My logs from Diplay Link Support Toll

https://displaylink.org/forum/attach...1&d=1510535353
Attached Files
File Type: zip RODRIGO-BRITO_20171112_230145.zip (1.79 MB, 0 views)
Rodrigo Brito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

This is a current limitation of Windows 10.

Microsoft designed the OS to use the graphics card used for BIOS (POST) display. On most machines with dual graphics, this usually means the low power one.
To work around the OS limitation, you must disable the Intel graphics card completely so your laptop starts from the nVidia GPU and Windows low level drivers use the nVidia GPU.
Not all laptop manufacturers allow this, so you would have to see for your specific platform if and how this can be achieved.
Changing anything once Windows is started will NOT have any effect, it is too late. The nVidia control panel has zero control over this OS feature.

I also encourage you to flag your issue through the Windows 10 Insiders Feedback Hub. This is the only way Microsoft will prioritise making the change to use the best graphics card instead of the first graphics card.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d3100, dell7559, graphics card