Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
jaddison

Default [SOLVED] Lenovo W500 with Lenovo USBtoDVI and Samsung 24" 2433BW - BLANK screen

specs:
- Lenovo W500
- Samsung 24" 2433BW LCD monitor (native resolution is 1920x1200; works find using my DisplayPort to DVI adapter)
- Lenovo USB to DVI DisplayLink adapter
- Windows 7, 64bit
- 4GB RAM
- DisplayLink-5.2.21675.exe installed, from the DisplayLink.org site

I can't get anything but a blank screen to show up on the Samsung LCD. When I plug it into the adapter, the screen looks like it's on (the power light isn't flashing anymore), but the screen remains blank/black.

If I go into the Screen Resolution dialog, it is automatically set to "extended". If I try to change it to "clone", I get an error "unable to save display settings". Also, the monitor attached to the adapter is identified as "Generic non-pnp monitor", and it should most definitely say "Samsung".

I am willing to test beta versions of drivers to help resolve the issue. I appreciate any help provided.

Thank you,
James

Last edited by jaddison; 11-15-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: wanted to mark the issue reported as solved (well, decent workaround)

Tags
blank, lenovo, samsung, w500, windows 7