Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
daviolinist12

Default Lenovo X1 Carbon + HP 3005pr - Mouse Lag

Hi everyone,

I've got a Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch that's only a few weeks old with Windows 8 Pro. I also have the HP 3005pr Port Replicator which is only a few days old. Connected to the port replicator is a monitor (via DisplayPort w/resolution 2560x1440 - Dell U2711), an external hard drive, and a Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard.

I've been experiencing some random lag on the mouse. The keyboard is fine. The Logitech receiver is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the dock. USB 3.0 wasn't making a difference. Additionally, when I plug the receiver into the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop, there was still some lag.

I think there is a minor discrete lag on the Display when moving windows, but it's not very much.

All my graphic drivers are up-to-date and the USB 3.0 drivers are up-to-date as Windows takes care of those.

I tried attaching the DisplayLink support output zip file here but I kept getting an 500 Internal Server Error, so I put it on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r5c3xzun5...218_105359.zip

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or a solution for it? I've looked at the other threads on here but haven't had any luck with the solutions.

Thanks!

Regards,
Avish
daviolinist12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
hnate

Default Dvi

Avish,

Are you using HDMI for your video out from the docking station? I was having the exact same issue and switched to a DVI cable from the docking station to my external monitor and the lag is now gone...not an elegant solution but it works for me now. Also using a Lenovo X1 Carbon.
hnate is offline   Reply With Quote