Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
Plantdome

Unhappy Kensington SD3600 - DisplayLink odd video output

Afternoon guys, I'm hoping someone can offer advice.

I've got a Kensington SD3600 dock that has both a HDMI and DVI output. I have two monitors: A - Dell P2422H (HDMI cable) and B - Dell U2414H (DVI cable with DVI to HDMI converter). I have then connected the dock to my laptop (Dell Latitude 5590 running Windows 10 Pro Ver. 21H1) via SS USB.

I have downloaded and installed the latest DisplayLink drivers (10.1.2875.0) and restarted the laptop.

With the current connections, I am able to see and use monitor A. Monitor B does not display anything and produces a message 'There is no signal coming from your computer'. I am unable to 'detect' monitor B in windows display settings, intel graphics settings or DisplayLink manager.

Oddly, when altering (removing/reconnecting) the DVI/HDMI cable on monitor B, monitor A loses its video signal every time.

I have verified the HDMI cable with both monitors direct, both monitors work correctly.
I am unable to achieve video on either monitor in turn using a single HDMI connected via the dock.
I am unable to achieve video on either monitors in turn using a single DVI cable with HDMI adapter via the dock.
I am unable to verify the DVI cable (only the dock has this connection).

I have notice with monitor A working and B connected, windows display settings can see monitor A and allows display settings (Mirrored, extend etc.) however within Intel Graphics Control Panel, selecting 'multiple displays', 'Single Display' is the only option available even though the monitor appears to be working. Display Link manager shows monitor A as 'No Monitor' under the kensington usb dock however I can select this and adjust settings such as resolution.

I have installed Intels driver support assistant which offers two updates - Bluetooth driver and Wifi driver which I assume will not affect the issues I am facing.

Pre-covid this setup worked (+2 years ago) without issue and I was able to run both monitors with my laptop screen off under my desk. Since working from home I've managed with just my laptop however I'd like my old setup back.

Thanks, Plantdome

Last edited by Plantdome; 01-12-2022 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added operating system
Plantdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Plantdome

Post Windows DisplayLink Tool

Hi guys, after further research I have downloaded and launched the Windows DisplayLink Tool. No errors were detected however I have added the files for visibility.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20220113_083313.zip (1.76 MB, 2 views)
Plantdome is offline   Reply With Quote