Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
cm176

Unhappy Unable to connect to Windows Update Server

Using IOGear USB DVI with Displaylink Windows Driver 5.6 M1 (Apr 2011). Intel 4 Series Express Chopset -- latest driver 6.14.10.5338 (Feb 2011).

I am trying to install this on a corporate PC and Windows Update Server is locked by sys admin via Group Policy.

Driver installed corrected and I have checked under services and it is working. Device manager shows that the device is working properly. Under USB properties it shows "DisplayLink Display Adapter (0059)". Under Hardware ID reflects "USB\VID_17E9&PID_0059&REV_0102" and on second line "USB\VID_17E9&PID_0059"

It is clear that Displaylink driver requires connection to Windows Update Server, and if it fails (Group Policy Lock).

Question: Is there any other option to install the Displaylink driver bypassing the "Windows Update Server" ? At the time of installation I tried to override by clicking to skip the option and it installs from pre-packaged folder, but starts to look for the Windows Update Server again after reboot.

Willing to try any solution. Corporate IT is not willing to change Group Policy

Thank you.
cm176 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver installation, windows update server