Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
TravisF

Default MacBook Air power adapter to DisplayLink dock not charging

I connected a DisplayLink Docking Station Triple Monitor, Model RU17A-H2V, to my new MacBook Air. The MacBook Air power adapter is connected to the dock USB-C charging port and the dock USB-A to USB-C cable is connected to the MacBookAir. The problem is that the MacBook Air is not charging. If I connect the charger USB-C cable to the other MacBook Air USB-C port, the battery charges. Otherwise, the dock is working with two external monitors and ethernet connection. Any suggestions? Thanks.
TravisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:03 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisF View Post
I connected a DisplayLink Docking Station Triple Monitor, Model RU17A-H2V, to my new MacBook Air. The MacBook Air power adapter is connected to the dock USB-C charging port and the dock USB-A to USB-C cable is connected to the MacBookAir. The problem is that the MacBook Air is not charging. If I connect the charger USB-C cable to the other MacBook Air USB-C port, the battery charges. Otherwise, the dock is working with two external monitors and ethernet connection. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Please provide a direct web link to the specific product you are using. This will allow me to review the device's specifications online.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:47 PM   #3
ScreamCZE

MacBook Air comes with a 30/35W power adapter - that is not enough power for both MacBook and a docking station. You would need to buy an additional power adapter.
ScreamCZE is offline   Reply With Quote