Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
JamesH

Hi,

All I am trying to work out is what CrossFire disabled means.

Does it mean you have just disabled CrossFire but still have two AMD graphics cards present?

Or does it mean you have disabled CrossFire by removing one of the two AMD graphics cards?

If it is the former (two AMD graphics cards) you are likely have problems.
See http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=230

If it is the latter (one AMD graphics card) it should work fine. If it doesn't work with one AMD graphics card then I will investigate further.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Rich

It was with crossfire disabled in CCC. I removed the second card completely, tested for two hours and it did not drop, tested for another two hours and it dropped. It happens almost guaranteed within 6 hours. So it's 100% not related to crossfire and I'm glad I tested it as my cards needed a good clean out.

Perhaps it's something specific to my PC. The only major difference to most other setups is that I have 3 120Hz screens, my usual resolution is something like 4890x980 (can find that out for sure). The center LCD connects to the first HDMI port on the first card and the other two connect via two active adapters to the mDPs on the first card. Am not sure it relates to any of this though as it happened when I was using a standard 1980x1080 resolution too.

Am happy to test to help resolve the issue.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:05 AM   #13
Rich

Have since installed 2x770GTX and system is stable, BF4 runs great. But still having issues with Aero and my 7" monitor.

No drops with Aero disabled by my whole PC grinds to a halt and crashes. It starts with stuttering and then eventually crashes. If I enable Aero no problems at all and I have been testing this for weeks, also my system is stable in prime95 torture test for 24 hours and runs BF4 for hours on end.

Enabling Aero would be a nice fix however when I do that the monitor becomes very laggy, looks like the framerate is 1. I use it for telemetry data in iRacing which shows speed delta in realtime, 1 update a second is not fast enough. If I disable Aero it's smooth and fast but there is the crash issue.

I don't know what the problem is but it seems a bit ridiculous because I simply cannot use my display using a standard operating system on a standard system. Sure it might be SLI but there are literally millions of SLI users so this issue should be considered critical please.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
Rich

My apologies, it appears my system is not stable after I added another 16gb last week. Am in the process of torture testing to find the problem.

With aero disabled it appears that display link runs fine, there is still however the 1fps issue with aero enabled, new customers won't immediately associate aero with displaylink because it's no obvious.