Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 11-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
cj_berlin

Default XServer crashes on KUbuntu 20.04.1

Hi @ DisplayLink,

after working flawlessly for three weeks, my KUbuntu 20.04 laptop started crashing intermittently if connected to my DisplayLink dock. Sometimes the desktop simply keeps crashing upon entering the password. Sometimes the desktop is established but crashes out a short time (the longest being 2,5h, usually 5-10 minutes) later.

The machine works without any issues when not connected to the dock.

I have installed the patched XOrg version from your website but it didn't help any, as far as I can see. However, I didn't check if the patched version was reverted to the original one. I am sure, however, that there weren't any xorg updates *after* this behaviour started.

I tried connecting the dock to a standard USB3 port rather than USB-C, which led to a working desktop session at first. However, it crashed an hour or so afterwads.

I have attached the support tool output. The session the output was gathered in crashed shortly afterwards. Feel free to contact me if you need any more information. I would appreciate it if you removed the file form the post after downloading it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Best regards,

Evgenij
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2020-11-08T10:19:25.708754.zip (4.65 MB, 0 views)
cj_berlin is offline   Reply With Quote