Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
exfileme

Default HDMI locked at low resolution

I'm having a strange problem with my Targus USB 3.0 laptop dock. After fighting for hours to get the DisplayLink drivers to work correctly in Windows 8, I can get my 23-inch monitor and my HDTV to finally extend my desktop to a second and third screen.

However my HDTV, listed as #3, is connected via the HDMI connector on the Targus dock (display #2 is DVI), and it's clearly locked at a low, squashed resolution. But if I plug this same HDTV into my HDMI port on my laptop, then the resolution is perfect. But this is not want I want to do -- I need the two monitors to be connected to the dock.

That said, it seems the HDTV issue isn't in Windows 8 or with the display itself, but something going on with DisplayLink and/or the dock itself. The weird thing is that when the HDTV is plugged directly into the laptop, I can change its resolution up to 1920 x 1080, physically switch it back over to the dock, and the display settings can still read 1920 x 1080, but what's on the screen is fat and bloated as if in 800 x 600 (if that makes any sense).

Any clues as to what's going on? Could the Targus HDMI output simply be locked at a low resolution?
exfileme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, hdmi, resolution, usb 3.0, windows 8