Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #21
CJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsNow View Post
Ever since I have installed this stupid USB monitor, I have been unable to run *any* Metro-style video apps on my machine. Uninstalling this monitor and deleting the drivers does not fix the problem. This is kind of ridiculous. Please fix this problem so I can use my computer the way I'd like to. I do not feel like wiping my computer and reinstalling Windows over this stupid little monitor.

I'll even give you remote access to my machine if it will help.

Thanks!
You should be able to just reinstall your computer's video driver and be back in business. However, they need to get this issue fixed ASAP.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #22
Gastove

Default Bump; same issues

Just freshening this up: I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 855 running Windows 8. I just purchased a Toshiba DynaDock U3, which requires the instillation of DisplayLink drivers. However, as soon as I install them... I can no longer play most of the games I've tried so far (current list is Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Bioshocks 1 and 2, Defense of the Ancients 2). I can uninstall DisplayLink, which restores function to the games I play -- but cripples the USB dock, thus rendering it useless.

...which would be less of a problem if I could find a USB3.0 dock that didn't use DisplayLink. Which I can't. So.

Regarding Diablo 3, y'all already have a pretty clear description of exactly the problem I'm having ('Cannot create D3 object' when trying to run fullscreen.) Torchlight 2 loads, but the graphics never activate (I'm treated to a black screen... forever) -- likewise the Bioshock games and DotA2. I'm hoping y'all are on this; you seem to be the main game in town for USB3.0 graphics, but this... is a problem.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
hlisa48

It was a clean Windows 8 install. The only thing I can suggest is let Windows find the driver rather than download it. I'm still trying to figure out as to why this driver breaks not only certain windows 8 apps but also Direct 3D.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #24
yellohaus

Default Latest DisplayLink software is not working in Windows 8

My setup is as follows:
Toshiba Satellite C875 laptop
Windows 8 (64bit)
Toshiba Dynadock u3.0 (brand new)
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) USB3.0 drivers
Intel HD graphics 4000
Installed 'DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows*' 7.1 M0 21DEC2012

I have gone through the thread 'HOWTO: Debugging issues on Windows with DisplayLink' and verified that everything is installed correctly.
The Displaylink software is installed correctly and the service is running. In device manager->USB Display Adapters, there are two items, DisplayLink Display Adapter (4305) and dynadock U3.0.

When I plug the dynadock in, the keyboard and mouse work, but no display. There is no Displaylink icon in the system tray even when I plug the dock in. I have a monitor plugged into the dvi connector in the dynadock.
When I leave the usb cable to the dynadock plugged in (to either USB2.0 or USB3.0 ports), every so often I get a window that pops up saying 'Displaylink software configuration->Please wait while your dynadock is being updated' but nothing changes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Displaylink software several times and nothing I do seems to produce an icon in the system tray. (I'm checking when the dynadock is plugged in)
I have plugged the dynadock into a USB2.0 slot and a USB3.0 slot and same result. It appears that the software is installed correctly, but I can not get the display to work, nor even see the DisplayLink icon.
Any thoughts on what's going on would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OFFICELAPTOP_20130113_184453.zip (841.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
Lobout

My setup

Dell Inspiron 17R (7720
Nvida 650M 3d chipset
Windows 8 64 bit

Things work fine until I install displaylink drivers for my dell usb 3.0 replicator, then i get the same error messages as everyone else using the netflix/hulu metro applications. If I uninstall display link, then re-install my video drivers everything is fine. Please fix this as soon as possible, as it renders my 24" monitor usless, not to mention the 200 dollar port replicator.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #26
Lobout

apparently support doesn't care that this doesn't work and doesn't want to actually support their product. I watched them reply to over a dozen other threads today, but not once did they reply to this one. All we want to know is when this will be fixed, so that we don't have expensive paperweights on our desk.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
Lobout

so found another thread where they state the issue will be resolved in Q1 2013

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2046
Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #28
Wim

I'm going to close this thread as it has become a dumping ground for every issue found on Windows 8.

Current issues that users are finding are covered in other threads. Let's try and keep one thread to one problem, otherwise moderation is a problem.

Wim
Closed Thread

Tags
direct 3d, intel hd, netflix, nvidia optimus, windows 8