Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
My.dang

Default Several different DisplayLink issues using ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock

My organization is currently using the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock with the ThinkHelix (3701XXX) Windows 8.1 Enterprise Update 1. Majority of the users have ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock drivers (version 1.07.15 which has DisplayLink Core Software version 7.4.51572.0) installed . Some of the users have 1.07.20 which have 7.6.56275.0 installed. We also have users testing the latest DisplayLink drivers 7.7.57957.0 with the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock 1.07.20 drivers.

We have plenty of users experiencing a plethora of different issues with these DisplayLink docks:

1) No display on external monitor(s) when connected,
2) Flashing and Screen flickering between the native display and the external display(s)
3) "USB device not recognized" error
4) When experiencing the previous error above (3), some times it disables the touch functionality of the native touch screen display.

When any of these problems occur (except for 3 and 4), the USB ports, LAN and etc work. Additionally, reconnecting the USB cable and rebooting will some of the time work. Majority of the time, reinstalling the DisplayLink software bundle resolves the issue until it reoccurs.

I have ran the DisplayLink Support tool to gather information on one of the affected systems (currently experience issues 1 and 2). Additionally, the DisplayLink Support tool crashed in the process (which I also have attached as displaylink log.txt). This is currently affecting 100+ users in my organization.

Please advise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20141015_161911.zip (687.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip 20141015_162056.zip (687.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt displaylink log.txt (839 Bytes, 2 views)
My.dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I have a virtually identical setup here; I'll try and reproduce this.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
My.dang

Exclamation

I ran into one of the four issues (USB dock disconnecting and reconnecting) on a different machine. However, this machine has older dock drivers.

This time the DL Support tool did not crash. One thing that is different is that the USB dock also affected the mobile broadband card where both show unknown USB device under Device Manager. Attached are the support logs and screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unknown_USB.jpg (18.0 KB, 2 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip M017065_20141019_134405.zip (495.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Regarding the issues:

Is this with any monitor? Does this happen after a certain event? (i.e. upgrade between DisplayLink drivers?

2) Flashing and Screen flickering between the native display and the external display(s)

Does this happen with the radmin software uninstalled?
Does this happen on all USB ports on the Helix and it's keyboard dock?

"USB dock disconnecting and reconnecting"

Does this happen with 7.7 M0 and the latest Helix BIOS installed?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #5
My.dang

Is this with any monitor? Does this happen after a certain event? (i.e. upgrade between DisplayLink drivers?

These docks are connected to ViewSonic Displays of the same model. Doesn't happen between driver upgrades but typically happens when the user starts up from a cold boot or from sleep (where the external monitor is the main display). Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable seems to resolve the issue most of the time. There have also been times where the external display does not show up when the system is booted up without the dock connected and later the dock being connected.

Does this happen with the radmin software uninstalled?

Have not tried this as the Radmin software is a mandatory software package we use for remote support and pc control. I will test this and let you know.

Does this happen on all USB ports on the Helix and it's keyboard dock?

Not sure. Will test and get back to you.

"USB dock disconnecting and reconnecting"

Does this happen with 7.7 M0 and the latest Helix BIOS installed?

it seems to be an issue for all DisplayLink driver versions, including 7.7 M0 and the latest Helix BIOS 1.27 installed.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
My.dang

Default Multiple docks listed as well as displaylink trays

Just thought I'd share this as well; disconnecting and reconnecting to the same dock registers the same the device a few times in device manager as well as launches multiple instances of the DisplayLink Manager in system stray(look at devicemanager/notifications.pngs). Also attached DisplayLink support logs.
Attached Images
File Type: png devicemanager.png (6.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg notification.jpg (6.3 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20141020_224036.zip (594.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
LT4884

Any progress? I have been having the same video issues on multiple Lenovo notebooks (X220, X230, T440s)...
LT4884 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank screen, flashing screen, flickering screen, helix, thinkpad dock