Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2024, 02:39 AM   #1
chozen

Default Balloon notification keeps popping up and is driving me nuts

15-20 times per day this notification appears from my system bar and steals my keyboard focus:

The info box makes it seem like I haven't allowed the DisplayLink device to connect to the computer, but I have and it is working already. I have no need to use this notification to ensure that the device is working properly, because it is already working properly. I use it for meetings all the time.

This thing is driving me bananas. I will be in the middle of typing something and this thing appears to tell me again and again that there is an FAQ I can read and a survey I can fill out.

This software was shipped with an Elgato Prompter device and Corsair says that they can't really do anything about it.

I emailed the DisplayLink support email address and installed the diagnostic software that they recommended, but doing that just feels like I am just rattling off lines in a support script. The solution to this is must be something like adding a "Do not show again" preference and respect it. I have my doubts about this being a problem with my computer that is causing these notifications to spew out of the system bar.

I am torn on keeping the Prompter or getting rid of it just so that I can free myself of this annoying and stupid persistent notification. Hopefully I'm not the only one who keeps seeing this thing.
chozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
dbienkowski
DisplayLink Team

Hi chozen,
Thank you for your enquiry.
I would like to inform you that the message you see in the Graphical Interface of the DisplayLink Manager application is a static message that was introduced at the time of the macOS Ventura release and is only an indication that permission to use a USB device is required for DisplayLink-based devices to function correctly on a Mac with Apple Silicon. Granting permission or not does not affect whether the message is displayed as it will be permanently visible as a hint to the user.

If I understand correctly, the problem is that the Graphical Interface of the application opens many times during the workflow despite your intention. This is indeed unexpected and we have not encountered this problem so far. Perhaps some keyboard shortcut you are using is causing it to open. Try to have a look if this is indeed not the reason for this unexpected behaviour.

If you are still experiencing this problem please contact our support again referring to this thread and we will certainly try to find a solution.

Regards,
Darek

Tags
annoying, elgato, nuisiance, pita, prompter