Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-17-2021, 02:33 AM   #1
cphillip

Thumbs down Big Sur 11.6 with DisplayLink 1.5.0 (Build 58.125) Dual Monitor Flicker Issues

Hi -

I recently purchased the UD-6950 (Plugable USB 3.0 Dual DisplayPort 4K Monitor Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows and Mac (Dual 4K DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports).

I have dual LG monitors 24in and 32in Non 4K with an Apple M1 MacBook Pro.
I have installed the latest DisplayLink software, and both monitors turn on. However, immediately, the monitor that I had plugin into the top display port input started to go blank in and out (Still does), and my other monitor screen has a filker very noticeable on a white background.

I'm not sure what to do in this case. I changed both display port cables, and nothing changed. Should I return this unit? Is it possible that it might be defective, or should I wait for an updated version of the driver?
cphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphillip View Post
Hi -

I recently purchased the UD-6950 (Plugable USB 3.0 Dual DisplayPort 4K Monitor Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows and Mac (Dual 4K DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports).

I have dual LG monitors 24in and 32in Non 4K with an Apple M1 MacBook Pro.
I have installed the latest DisplayLink software, and both monitors turn on. However, immediately, the monitor that I had plugin into the top display port input started to go blank in and out (Still does), and my other monitor screen has a filker very noticeable on a white background.

I'm not sure what to do in this case. I changed both display port cables, and nothing changed. Should I return this unit? Is it possible that it might be defective, or should I wait for an updated version of the driver?
DisplayLink makes the core technology that is integrated by other companies into their own products.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest contacting Plugable directly for assistance --> https://plugable.com/pages/support
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
TwoMonitors

I am having the same issue. It started like 1 week ago. Also change the both cables. I have my DisplayLink module since a year ago and just until now I am having this problem. Any other ideas guys?
TwoMonitors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
oneMonitor

have the same bug with Macbook Pro M1

with the beta there was no flicker.
But the beta link where deleted on the homepage
Next time i save old versions...
oneMonitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:26 AM   #5
oneMonitor

uninstalled version 1.5,
version 1.4 installed,
after a few days and after some new rebooting, installed 1.5 again and works without flickering.
oneMonitor is offline   Reply With Quote