Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Clay Pardue

Default Big sur 11.1 external Monitor

Today I made the update to my Macbook Pro to Big sur 11.1 and my HP 25er monitor quit working as my external monitor. No surprise as this happened when I updated to big sur beta. Went through all of the procedures I did last time. Downloaded the new driver from Display link, made sure screen recording was set for display link manager, Unplugged everything and plugged it back in, and the external monitor still doesn't work. I even reset my NVRAM and repeated all the steps multiple times with no luck. The monitor will not even come up under displays.

I also checked to make sure that the display manager was showing under the "Check the device is recognised on the USB bus" and it was.

I use the Dell D3100 USB3.0 Dock plug and display. Is my docking station no longer compatible or am I missing something?

Last edited by Clay Pardue; 12-16-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Clay Pardue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:48 PM   #2
gadelrosario

Default Flashing Monitors

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro running on Big Sur. I installed the docking station yesterday, downloaded the latest driver, and plugged in my 2 LG Ultra Wide monitors. The displays on both kept flashing. It only stopped when I unplugged one monitor from the dock and plugged it directly to the Macbook's HDMI port. Now both monitors work perfectly. Still, I purchased the dock to have everything run through it. What causes both monitors to flash repeatedly when both are plugged into the docking station?

QUOTE=Clay Pardue;91172]Today I made the update to my Macbook Pro to Big sur 11.1 and my HP 25er monitor quit working as my external monitor. No surprise as this happened when I updated to big sur beta. Went through all of the procedures I did last time. Downloaded the new driver from Display link, made sure screen recording was set for display link manager, Unplugged everything and plugged it back in, and the external monitor still doesn't work. I even reset my NVRAM and repeated all the steps multiple times with no luck. The monitor will not even come up under displays.

I also checked to make sure that the display manager was showing under the "Check the device is recognised on the USB bus" and it was.

I use the Dell D3100 USB3.0 Dock plug and display. Is my docking station no longer compatible or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
gadelrosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #3
milkalswe

Default Bug Sur - Display Link screen recognized as "no monitor"

Hi guys,

I also belong to the group of users having trouble with BigSur and DisplayLink connected screen. My Mac recognizes that there is a screen but shows it as "No monitor". It works but allows max 1600x1200 (4:3 ratio) which looks pretty bad on full-hd 1920x1080 screen. When i connect the screen directly via HDMI it behaves perfectly well.

My setup:
  • MacBook Pro 15'' (2018)
  • macOS 11.1 (20C69)
  • Targus Dual Video Universal Docking Station USB 3.0 Dockningsstation
  • DisplayLink Manager 1.2.0 (Build 55.125)
  • Samsung S24R650FDU
  • Dell S3220DGF (connected directly to Apple usb-c to usb-a/hdmi dongle due to docking station resolution limit when 2 screens are connected).

I have tried various combinations when connecting through the docking station - one screen, 2 screens, switch cables. No improvement. I have uninstall and installed the newest DisplayLink driver. No improvement.

Just before the upgrade it worked all fine.

Would anyone have an idea?

EDIT: one day, after updating Tuxera to 2020 version things suddenly started working fine - simply magic :-/

Last edited by milkalswe; 01-09-2021 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Issue solved itself
milkalswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:19 PM   #4
rmcig

Arrow Check Screen Recording permissions

I just went through this with a Macbook Air and a Dell D6000 Dock connected over USB 3.1. Everything else plugged into the dock worked fine except for the display. Here are two things I did to get it working:

1. Install the latest DisplayLink software and reboot.
2. In System Preferences > Privacy and Security, you need to grant Screen Recording permissions to Displaylink Manager. Once I did that, the monitor appeared.

I'm not sure if #1 was even necessary, so you might try #2 first.
rmcig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #5
helixpt

Same problem after upgrading from 11 to 11.1 on a M1 Mac, reinstalled the driver, both the 1.1 I was using previously and the 1.2, sent a uservoice request to Displaylink, still no return, and the guys from Startech that helped a lot during the first issues I've experienced with M1 Mac this time quit before the problem was fixed.

Hope displaylink uservoice gets back to me and I'll post here the solution.
helixpt is offline   Reply With Quote