Bad news: you still have to use windows machine for update
Can I use a Windows VM?
Drewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:55 PM   #12
robegamesios

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Dmitry,

I was replying exactly that on another thread.
The USB-C Power Delivery controller has an update. That's why there was no issue in USB-A mode. We have verified with the manufacturer that the new firmware is indeed intended to fix that issue.

Power cycling the dock after successful flashing will allow the controller to use its new firmware.

Regards,
Alban
thanks! power cycling after the firmware update fixed the issue of my D6000 not charging my 2017 macbook pro.
robegamesios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 08:10 PM   #13
toddtmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HE911 View Post
If you go to About This Mac > System Report...> USB> Dell Universal Dock D6000 and look at version. It seems to display for me Version: 31.59
Can someone confirm if 31.59 is the latest as of right now that allows all ports to be used?

Thanks!
toddtmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 12:21 PM   #14
Bah434x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl View Post
I upgraded the firmware for D6000 with Windows machine and fully power cycled the docking station before I plugged back to MBA M1. Now, I don't have to use USB-C hub between MBA M1 and D6000 - that was my workaround to overcome the issue.

Now, it works great with 3 monitors - 1 HDMI (alt-mode) and 2 DisplayPorts.

Only thing I miss now is display rotation! Once the rotation feature works, I can call it complete.
Can you confirm how you achieve 3 displays working..? I didn't think M supported (Alt-Mode)

I have a D6000 with M2 15" Air and can't get the HDMI display to function.
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 06:20 AM   #15
AnaSofia

Default Order of display resolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
Can you confirm how you achieve 3 displays working..? I didn't think M supported (Alt-Mode)

I have a D6000 with M2 15" Air and can't get the HDMI display to function.
I have 3 monitors conected to mi D6000, but i need to conect the monitors in a specific order:
to the HDMI conect a monitor with resolution 1920X1080, to the first displayport conect a monitor 3440X1440 and to the second displayport a monitor of 2560X1440.

if conect a monitor with higher resolution to the hdmi the monitors stop of work correctly.
AnaSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 08:49 PM   #16
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSofia View Post
I have 3 monitors conected to mi D6000, but i need to conect the monitors in a specific order:
to the HDMI conect a monitor with resolution 1920X1080, to the first displayport conect a monitor 3440X1440 and to the second displayport a monitor of 2560X1440.

if conect a monitor with higher resolution to the hdmi the monitors stop of work correctly.
AnaSofia,
The HDMI port, when used in 3 display configuration, is using another technology (not DisplayLink or Synaptics). When using only 2 displays, any port is using DisplayLink technology.
It looks like the monitor timings you have exhibit an incompatibility with that third party technology. You could look on Dell website if there's a fix for that, as it wouldn't come from us: our driver or firmware doesn't touch that other component.
Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #17
lollo2054

Default firmware updating issue - dell d6000 (A04 firmware version)

hello! i just tried to update the d6000 fw but it stopped at the beggining. Tried via usb-c on parallels (it stopped just after the fw began to update) and on another win device via usb-a (device not seen by the laptop)

anyone with the same issue?

setup: macbook pro m1, dell d6000, samsung qn90b 4k
lollo2054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:01 PM   #18
donmontalvo

Quote:
AnaSofia,
The HDMI port, when used in 3 display configuration, is using another technology (not DisplayLink or Synaptics). When using only 2 displays, any port is using DisplayLink technology.
It looks like the monitor timings you have exhibit an incompatibility with that third party technology. You could look on Dell website if there's a fix for that, as it wouldn't come from us: our driver or firmware doesn't touch that other component.
Regards,
Alban
Hope not to hijack this thread. If a MacBook Air is connected to a Dell D6000 dock, with two HP 24" monitors connected to the dock using USB-C/USB-C cables, is there a known issue with reboots requiring the monitors to be disconnected and reconnected again to get them to work?

Last edited by donmontalvo; 02-23-2024 at 02:05 PM.
donmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:20 PM   #19
donmontalvo

Exclamation

Quote:
Hello Dmitry,

I was replying exactly that on another thread.
The USB-C Power Delivery controller has an update. That's why there was no issue in USB-A mode. We have verified with the manufacturer that the new firmware is indeed intended to fix that issue.

Power cycling the dock after successful flashing will allow the controller to use its new firmware.

Regards,
Alban

@AlbanRampon We confirmed that the D6000 that shows version 31.59 requires monitors to be disconnected and reconnected after a reboot.

We also confirmed that D6000 that shows version 35.65 does not require disconnecting and reconnecting after a reboot.

I have log files for the D6000 31.59 scenario, if someone from DisplayLink Support can provide us with a way to upload that is not through this public forum.

PS is there a way for us to update the D6000 version (firmware?) from a Mac? The tool only supports Windows.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:14 PM   #20
donmontalvo

Exclamation Anyone monitoring this thread?

Anyone monitoring this thread?