Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Mblackburn

Default No video / USB Display Adapters

Hi
I just got the Targus Dual video Docking Station and I can't get any video. I have been looking through the forum for ways to trouble shoot, and I tried the steps in the "Debugging ussues on Windows with DisplayLink". I am runing a Dell Vostro 3550, which has USB 3.0. The drivers seem to install fine and it will work as a USB hub, but I cannot get it to see the NIC, or make video. I can see the DisplayLink service and it's started, but in the device manager there is no USB display adapter. I have tried everything in the HOWTO (to my knowledge at least). I have attached the support files. I gotta be missing a step or something.
WIN 7 Pro
Dell Vostro 3550
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP290_20120403_112257.zip (913.6 KB, 4 views)
Mblackburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Wim

No DisplayLink devices have been detected on the USB bus according to the logs.

Can you try updating the driver for your Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (2.0.32.0). This might solve the issue. Does the dock work when connected to a USB 2.0 port?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
sadcom

Same docking station, Dell XPS 14Z laptop Windows 7 Pro. 64bit, with USB 3 ports and I am having THE SAME PROBLEM.

What I tried:
- installed the latest software
- followed "HOWTO: Debugging issues..."

DisplayLink UI is not running. It is not in the tray and when I start it manually, it doesn't appear.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slava
sadcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
jcwh2

Default How I got the Targus Superspeed USB 3 Dual Monitor Docking Station to Work

Hi folks!

I spent many hours wrestling with my Targus SuperSpeed USB3 Dual Monitor Docking Station, but now I've finally got it to work reliably! (kind of)

I found that when I plugged in the docking station the OS would detect the USB Hub, but not the display adapters. They would not show up in device manager. When I unplugged the docking station and plug it in again, the same thing happenned.

However...

Instead of unplugging the USB and plugging it in again, try leaving the USB plugged in. Instead, unplug the power to the docking station and then plug it in again. When I do this the second time round the OS detects all the UBS display adapters - they appear in device manager and the DisplayLink UI then appears in the system tray.

Even now, every time I turn on the computer I have to unplug the power to the docking station and then plug it in again before it is fully detected by the OS.

Hope this helps! Let me know,

John

-----

Samsung Q310 Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Targus USB3 PC Express expansion card
jcwh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
xps13

Default Xps 13

My company is having the same issue, we have 3 xps13 dell laptops, windows 64bit, with the latest Displaylink drivers. When we install the drivers every thing works fine with the Targus 3.0. When the user takes their computer home and comes back the next day and plugs the usb into the Targus dock, the keyboard and mouse work, but the monitor does not detect, and the Displaylink icon does not show up in the bottom right. Unplugging the Targus power and plugging back in fixes the issue, but then it happens again the next day. Please fix or contact Targus?
xps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
Wim

For all the issues raised here, they are probably USB related. We really need to know what the USB controller is on the laptop and whether the user is connecting to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the laptop.

Please make sure the logs are posted, gathered when the dock is detected and not detected.

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
corig1

Default Renesas USB 3.0

There is an update to 2.1.32.0 for the Renesas controller drivers.
corig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
xps13

User comes in the morning and plugs usb cable into usb3 port, display not working, mouse and Keyboard work, not sure about ethernet. Unplug and replug the dock power, display works.

Attached are the Not working and Working logs.

USB Driver:
Fresco Logic xHCI Controller FL 1009
Attached Files
File Type: zip LD-913TCT1_20120524_120333 Not Working.zip (203.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip LD-913TCT1_20120524_120541 Working.zip (225.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by xps13; 05-24-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xps13 View Post
User comes in the morning and plugs usb cable into usb3 port, display not working, mouse and Keyboard work, not sure about ethernet. Unplug and replug the dock power, display works.

Attached are the Not working and Working logs.

USB Driver:
Fresco Logic xHCI Controller FL 1009
I suspect this could be due to the Fresco Host controller. Could you try updating the driver to the latest 3.5.46 version from here:

http://station-drivers.com/page/fresco_logic.htm

Does the same issue happen if they use the USB 2.0 ports?

Thanks

Wim
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
xps13

the drivers you posted are for a Asus motherboard, so I don't think i can use it? The same no display issue comes up in the usb2 port.