Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
crispy

Default Color correction for DisplayPort monitors

I have a triple monitor setup from my 2019 Macbook Pro 16" via a OKX triple display dock. 2 are using DisplayPort outputs with DisplayPort to HDMI active adapters and one is straight HDMI connection, all 3 coming from the hub and connecting to 3 identical Samsung monitors. The two monitors using the DisplayPort outputs you cannot see light, but reasonably dark enough that they definitely SHOULD be visible, shades of gray at all. On the HDMI monitor everything looks great.

The 2 bad monitors are using a "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" color profile, which it will not let me change, and the HDMI is using a "C24F390" color profile. If I try to change the profile it just automatically changes back to the sRGB option.

The issue with the grays is bad enough that I am unable to use these monitors reliably for work, and are questionable for general purpose. Is there a way to resolve this?
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
crispy

As an example of the issue with the grays, the gray to the left of this post in the author area and the headline with timestamp above it appear completely, 100% white on the DisplayPort monitors, while I can clearly see the gray color fine on the HDMI monitor.
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for posting!
Options of calibrating like color adjustment or brightness are currently not supported by DisplayLink drivers. The options are only available within the monitor settings (if available in the built in options of the monitor itself). We are working to add calibration to deliver this option but we do not have any dates set yet for the official release.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote