Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #11
iionas

anyone have any luck?
iionas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:35 AM   #12
iionas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvlada View Post
I'll have to test more on this... Doesn't look I can see big difference... I'm not that familiar with P0, P5 and P8 performance settings. Therefore, not sure which one I have do downclock and how this affects the laptop itself.

Laptop is not that old. It was brought from USA, 1.5 years ago.
I do have another laptop, HP ZBook 15G, on Windows 10 1703, with ATI graphic card, and there I don't have any issues with using the same docking station.

There must be something between DisplayLink, nVidia and Windows...
Well its an ATI card and this is a NVIDIA tool, so this probably wont work man.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:59 AM   #13
stvlada

Of course Im not trying to test this nVidia tool on the ATI graphic card.
Originally one of my HP laptops has nVidia card and that laptop is giving me headaches with WUDFhost, temperature and CPU fan.
After some troubleshooting I’ve noticed that my nVidia card is not in use that much, while Intel 530 is the one used most of the time and that one is being utilized where clock is quite high snd that brings the temperature up while connected to the Dell D3100 docking station.
I’ll have to test without dock and see how it reacts.

Beside that, other laptop I have HP ZBook 15G with ATi card dont have any symptoms when connected to the same docking station.
stvlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #14
iionas

Quote:
Of course Im not trying to test this nVidia tool on the ATI graphic card.
Originally one of my HP laptops has nVidia card and that laptop is giving me headaches with WUDFhost, temperature and CPU fan.
After some troubleshooting I’ve noticed that my nVidia card is not in use that much, while Intel 530 is the one used most of the time and that one is being utilized where clock is quite high snd that brings the temperature up while connected to the Dell D3100 docking station.
I’ll have to test without dock and see how it reacts.

Beside that, other laptop I have HP ZBook 15G with ATi card dont have any symptoms when connected to the same docking station.
In context this is what my GTX is doing also, plug it in and it clocks VERY high. Unplug it and it works as per normal. Pass it through to the GPU and use that cool,. or maybe we can find a way of downclocking the IGPU which i wouldnt do.

The Hd530 is on the CPU DIE which is why its running hot (cause its clocking )
Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #15
iionas

Quote:
I think it is sufficient that we have provided information to DisplayLink team with the findings we have made. This should be enough information to trigger deeper investigation and troubleshooting process of the DL drivers, graphic card vendors and Microsoft.

We shouldn't spend much time troubleshooting this ourselves, as DL products should be functioning with "plug and play". I hope that DL support team reads this forum and posts on a regular basis.
Ive spent roughly 80 hours on this issue, Ive also contacted dell about it, dell logged a case and never got back to me its been over a week at this point thats why i try trouble shoot it myself.

I mean we found what the issue is, so least we can go on that man. There is others at my work having the same issue. its a great device, unfortunate thou about drivers.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #16
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

We have created a report to Microsoft, this is with the graphics team at this stage.

There's an important optional OS update for multi-GPU on Windows 10 v1903 currently planned for Tuesday. It would be useful to see if that changes that aspect as well.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #17
iionas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

We have created a report to Microsoft, this is with the graphics team at this stage.

There's an important optional OS update for multi-GPU on Windows 10 v1903 currently planned for Tuesday. It would be useful to see if that changes that aspect as well.

Kind regards,
Alban
I will test it and report back, is it an optional update? Such as you mentioned in the other thread?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #18
iionas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

Kind regards,
Alban
Also any idea what the update is called so I can check that it is actually installed?
Old 08-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #19
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Good morning,

Windows 10 runs on a "patch Tuesday" cycle. Every month, you have 3 updates, generally.
Updates are cumulative.
2nd Tuesday is for security patches and is critical: it is pushed to all machines.
3rd and 4th Tuesday are quality (bug fixing) patches and are optional: only users going to Check for updates will be offered the update.

Because updates are cumulative, users who don't manually check will get the fix as part of the next critical update after second Tuesday of September.

You may see the coding, or may not, I don't remember. The code is month followed by a letter selecting the week in the month. So this update will be 8D (4th week of 8th month), but can also appear as just cumulative patch. Bug fixes are not individually distributed.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:19 AM   #20
iionas

Will check back after Tuesday to test results after testing the update!

Cheers mate.