Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
pgn674

I am finding some other people using Ubuntu and Debian and having the same issues with the Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock: Everything seems to work fine, but no displays are detected.

I checked xrandr, and that doesn't show the displays either.

I have increased the DisplayLink encrypted logging level and then plugged in the dock. If anyone from DisplayLink would like to see the log files, let me know.
pgn674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:17 AM   #2
enothen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgn674 View Post
I am finding some other people using Ubuntu and Debian and having the same issues with the Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock: Everything seems to work fine, but no displays are detected.

I checked xrandr, and that doesn't show the displays either.

I have increased the DisplayLink encrypted logging level and then plugged in the dock. If anyone from DisplayLink would like to see the log files, let me know.
Yeah, it seems to be related to a specific hardware combination, which I don't have. As long as the module is compiled and loaded, and the service running when the dock is plugged, means the rpm is doing things right. Hopefully someone at DisplayLink can provide more help (or someone else with the same hardware)
enothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
enothen

Default RPM updated to version 1.0.138

The rpm I created for Fedora has been updated with version 1.0.138, as released few days ago by Displaylink. Available here:

http://nothen.com.ar/resources/displ...8-1.x86_64.rpm

Driver is recompiled on the new version of evdi when the rpm is upgraded. Also note that when you plug your adapter for the first time after this upgrade, it may take some seconds to bring the display up, as a firmware upgrade has been included (or at least it looks that way for Dell's DA100 adapter).

Eric

Last edited by enothen; 09-03-2015 at 12:13 AM.
enothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #4
jfha73

Question Is there a RPM for Fedora 24?

Hey guys,

I downloaded and installed the latest version of this driver on my Fedora 24, but from time to time the screens connected to the docking station start flickering, this did not happen when I had Fedora 23 with the same driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
jfha73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
lsarrat

Default Fedora 24 4.6.3-300.fc24.x86_64 & Displaylink-1.1.65-2.x86_64

I am able to compile, install and get the service running, but when I do plug a monitor, nothing happen.
(was working previously with f23)
Was anybody successful with f24 4.6.3 and displaylink ?

Thx for your help

Laurent
lsarrat is offline   Reply With Quote