Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-18-2020, 11:40 PM   #1
Suzinsf

Angry Datalink defaults to primary monitor status and I can't change it

I'm running MacOS 10.15.7.

This is stupid beyond belief. The datalink monitor assumes primary position (meaning every new window/application opens on the datalink, not my main laptop screen). The datalink is open to the right side of my laptop where I want it.

I want the datalink to be the secondary monitor where I can park stuff I need to refer to while using my main laptop screen to do my actual work. I am unable to drag the menu bar from one display to the other because it appears on BOTH. Grrrrr.

No amount of rearranging using the Display preferences in system preference lets my laptop screen regain primary (1st monitor) position. The only thing that accomplishes is to frustratingly change how I can move my mouse between screens: normally (from left to right), or counterintuitively (right to left) to access whatever is on the datalink.

My second big issue is resolution:
I am unable to change the screen resolution of the datalink following the instructions in the user guide. Holding down the Option key does not provide any additional resolution options. Changing the resolution on the main laptop screen has NO effect on the data link screen. The default is too damned small to read text on!

There is zero technical support for this product, and a poorly designed user manual with zero ways to actually get help. If there's a datalink employee actually monitoring the forums I have yet to find a single place where someone's question was actually resolved. Shame on me for not doing the due diligence to ensure I was buying from a reputable company.

My satisfaction is an absolute zero on a scale of 1-10. Let me put it this way: this has now taken up 3 hours of my time attempting to accomplish something that should have been monkey simple. Do I like this device? No. Can I return it? Apparently not. Waste of $200. Thank yo so very much. Not.

Suzinsf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor position, monitor resolution