Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #1
Zaxxeh

Default Laptop With Docking Station and Monitor Not Working

Dear all,

Someone I know has a laptop from their work, it is a Dell. Recently they purchased a monitor, keyboard, and docking station (this https://www.amazon.com/Docking-Stati...-OhoiG3lNEJ61w) to have better posture at home. They connected the laptop to the monitor via HDMI and it works fine. However, the docking station is connected via USB-C on the docking station's end, to USB 3.0 into the laptop's USB 2.0 slot. When we unplug the HDMI from the laptop and into the docking station, the monitor does not connect, and a prompt emerges on the laptop talking about USB drivers. The error is "DisplayLink installer detected that your USB 3.0 host could be incompatible with the DisplayLink USB hardware. Please download and update your USB host controller driver before using DisplayLink technology." The laptop uses Windows 7. I checked the DisplayLink drivers from their website, and after trying to install them, I was told that they were up-to date. I am unsure how to proceed.

Thank you
Zaxxeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Zaxxeh,

This message comes from the DisplayLink software but is not about the DisplayLink software. The technology relies on USB as a way to transport the information. If the message is displayed, it means your computer USB Host Controller driver is known to have bugs which will affect USB traffic, and therefore your experience of the product.

We can look into that with the log files. The last link in my forum signature indicates where to get the tool and how to use it to give all the diagnostic information.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote