Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
FlorisVerstegen

Default File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks Failing

I am running into an issue that the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks fails when my DELL 5580 is connected to a DELL D6000 Docking Station over USB-C with the current DisplayLink drivers (8.5.3595.0).

This issue does not occur when connected over WiFi or via the Network Adapter in the Laptop.

I've updated all drivers to the latest version and also the systems Firmware (BIOS).

The problem is resolved (work-around) by toggling the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks binding on the Network Adapter after every dock action or reboot.
I’ve found other people reporting this issue also, with the above work-around only and no actual solution.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking

It is unclear what the root cause is and if the root cause is inside the DisplayLink driver, however it only happens in combination with the DisplayLink driver. Any support for diagnosing this?

Is there anyone who can test if this issue also exists at his/her system by connecting to \\computername\admin$

Last edited by FlorisVerstegen; 08-30-2018 at 03:46 PM.
FlorisVerstegen is offline   Reply With Quote