Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 01-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #1
Begroff

Default Strange Behavior on 3 monitor setup

I am on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, I installed the Display Link Drivers for Ubuntu version 5.2. and I have a 3 monitor setup. After I installed the driver and then went to Settings > Devices > Displays, I turned on the 3rd monitor (Hewlett Packard 19"). The 3rd monitor was properly detected and has a display. The display settings page marked the 3rd monitor as #2 and the 2nd monitor (Apple Computer Inc. 23") as #3 (screenshot attached). This is not a big deal, however since I do have displays on 3 monitors.

The weird behavior is when I mouse all the way to the right on my former 2nd monitor it shifts/slides over to show the 3rd monitor on the 2nd monitor's display (screenshot attached). I can still mouse to the 3rd monitor but this sliding behavior on the 2nd monitor is very strange.

Two of my monitors are on one graphics card (Ancor Communications Inc. 23" and Apple Computer 23"), with one monitor using DVI and the other monitor using HDMI. Any help with this would be appreciated. I've also attached the zip file from running the Linux support tool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg third_monitor_on_second_monitors_screen.jpg (21.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg display_settings.jpg (11.8 KB, 1 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2020-01-11T14:32:22.349255.zip (218.3 KB, 0 views)
Begroff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 monitors, ubuntu 18.04