Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
jeffhoward001

Default Mouse Lag, Fuzzy Images, Display Artifacts

Hello -

I haven't seen any posts on this issue from the DisplayLink side in a while. To recap the issue, on the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock, the X1 Carbon (possibly other models, this is the only one I can confirm) has very frequent issues with mouse lag (mouse "pauses" for 1-2 seconds) and what I would describe as "excessive video compression".

Several posts have described the video issue as "artifacts", "fuzzy images", or "looks like a low-res jpeg". My best guess is the DisplayLink driver is choosing to compress the video far more than necessary. In my case, this also results in very high CPU utilization when using web-based video or flash sites. I can only assume this result of CPU needing to work harder than normal to excessively compress the video.

I'm posting this again because it's becoming a bigger issue for my company. I manage IT Operations, and our users are very interested in the X1C, but I simply can't roll it out with the USB 3.0 dock until this is fixed (else I risk creating a huge queue of support requests as most users will find this unacceptable).

This product has the potential to revolutionize the way we think about "docks", which is why I'm willing to put in the time to make it work!

Thanks,
jeffhoward001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
TargusLevel3

Default Artifacts and Mouse Lag

Hi Jeff,
Please try the DisplayLink 7.4M0 software from https://targus.box.com/shared/static...7f1u6de88d.exe and let us know if this fixes the artifacts and/or mouse lag, what OS you are using, and if you are using a wireless mouse/keyboard.
Thanks!
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote