Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
iheartlolcats

Default Mac OSX 10.7.3 and Rotation (How to reset rotation preferences until there's a fix)

http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php

On the above page it says:
Quote:
Note: There is a known issue with OSX 10.7.3 and using rotated displays. DisplayLink are investigating this issue, but until there is a solution, please do not use rotation with the 10.7.3 update
I just restarted my computer after an update to 10.7.3 and now the monitor isn't working. This is likely the problem since I have the monitor rotated. I understand an update is in the works, but I have two questions:

1) How can I be notified when there's an update to the software?
2) How can I RESET my rotation so that I can actually use the monitor in the normal horizontal view? I'm unable to do anything since it doesn't work in the saved preferences from before I updated.

Thanks
iheartlolcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
displaylinker

same situation here, so frustrated that we are back to the beta testing loop again with the release of 10.7.3
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
ChristianP

Here the instructions for resetting the display preferences:

1. Remove the DisplayLink adapter
2. Boot in safe mode (pressing and holding the shift key after the startup tone, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455)
3. Just open the Display preferences in system preferences (not sure this is needed)
4. Reboot
5. Connect your DisplayLink adapter. The rotation should be back to standard.

For receiving news on software updates, you can subscribe to this forum.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
maximina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Here the instructions for resetting the display preferences:

1. Remove the DisplayLink adapter
2. Boot in safe mode (pressing and holding the shift key after the startup tone, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455)
3. Just open the Display preferences in system preferences (not sure this is needed)
4. Reboot
5. Connect your DisplayLink adapter. The rotation should be back to standard.

For receiving news on software updates, you can subscribe to this forum.
This method does not work for me on OSX 10.7.3

I've tried several times, have confirmed that safe mode active But after restart (or even cold boot) plugging in the AOC still causes blue-screen. Opening display preferences does not seem to reset the configuration as it is supposed to? If I plug in a third monitor to get around the blue screen I notice that the Mac has not even detected/initiated the AOC monitor, as it does not show up in "Arrangement".

I've plugged the AOC into another mac and another PC to ensure it is working properly, and it has no problems there.

So, for whatever reason I am not able to reset the rotation on the AOC in the manner above. Are there any other methods? Perhaps using the terminal?

I really need this monitor working for some meetings, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
maximina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
benmac

Quote:
This method does not work for me on OSX 10.7.3
This method did work for me on 10.7.3. I'm running a 2010 MBP with 2x HP 1920x1200 monitors. One has to run landscape now (the one driven by the DisplayLink) but at least I can use it.

Good luck pushing Apple to fix the problem guys.
benmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
maximina

Unhappy

I think my issue is that safe mode is not working properly.

Unfortunately there is no way via terminal or otherwise forthcoming to fix this... Which is really frustrating.
maximina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
smockrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximina View Post
I think my issue is that safe mode is not working properly.

Unfortunately there is no way via terminal or otherwise forthcoming to fix this... Which is really frustrating.
Safe mode appears busted here as well, recovery boot works but safe mode does not.
smockrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

We have an Alpha release that has a prototype fix for the 10.7.3 rotation issue. You are welcome to try it but remember it's an Alpha: it has gone through very limited testing so you are going to install and use it at your own risk!
If you previously had a working rotated DisplayLink screen you can just install the new driver and the rotated screen should come back to life.

If you do try it, please post your feedback in the new 1.8 forum: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
rufwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartlolcats View Post
http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php

On the above page it says:

I just restarted my computer after an update to 10.7.3 and now the monitor isn't working. This is likely the problem since I have the monitor rotated. I understand an update is in the works, but I have two questions:
Is the preferred route here to install the latest and forget about rotation or to downgrade to an earlier version of the driver?

If it's downgrading, which version is recommended?
rufwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10.7.3, mac, rotation