Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
dgb

Default One DisplayLink monitor on Mavericks

Hi,

I am currently running 10.8.3 and have an Asus MB168B.. it's a little glitchy when playing video or looking at pictures on the asus, but not so bad I can't use it. Just wondering: I wanted to upgrade to Mavericks but I am worried my display will be unusable because of everything I have been reading... are the problems really that much worse or is that only for people running multiple displaylink monitors??

thanks!
dgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
ehendrix

I am running with 1 DisplayLink monitor and 1 monitor attached to displayport, had 1 main issue with "Show Desktop" (see other thread in this forum) but I just updated to 10.9.1 and it seems to be working now. I'm running with the 2.1 Displaylink driver.
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
cclabots

I upgraded today:
MacBook Pro early 2013
Using a USB 3.0 SIIG Beyond HD device powered by displaylink as one of two additional displays, 3 in all.
The display link screen displays but is not functional. windows ghost when moved to the screen (they are there but not visible). When selecting display all windows the window appears but when you move it back to one of the other two screens part of the image of the window remains on the display link screen.

Menu bar menus highlight but the drop down menu does not appear.

I'm guessing displaylink didn't test under the beta or didn't finish prior to production release.

The third display on my MacBook Pro is for the most part not functional
cclabots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
fhall1

Why not upgrade to 10.8.5 at least? Maybe that would solve some of the glitches you're seeing.
fhall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
dgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post
Why not upgrade to 10.8.5 at least? Maybe that would solve some of the glitches you're seeing.
well, I upgraded to 10.8.5 and there is more display lag than before.... guess that teaches me to update my os... every single time it just creates more headaches... so in short... although I am even more afraid now to take the jump, is mavericks better or worse than 10.8.5? I read something about having to reboot the computer to correct problems... and that is something I absolutely hate doing...
dgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
itadmincrbc

Mavericks was a huge mistake upgrade on my part. It was supposed to be a minor update for apple but it turned out a LOT of things changed. The Display link got worse.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote