Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
droberson

Default Windows 8 + DisplayLink = No Video

I am with a fortune 500 company. We have several different types of hardware running Windows 8. Most predominantly, we use the Samsung Ultra S5 and the Microsoft Surface Pro.

DisplayLink was installed automatically when we attached external monitors via USB. We soon discovered that the Video app no longer worked.

We did the following to resolve the video app problem.

Uninstall all Display Link software AND
Uninstall / Re-install HD Graphics 4000 driver.

We tried installing the latest 7.1M software, but it did NOT resolve the issue.

This is causing a major road block for us in deploying Windows 8 to our enterprise.
droberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
f4denz

Default Same Issue

I was given a ThinkPad USB dock/station to try today to show that the Surface Pro could support multiple monitors (a condition to be considered for our next hardware rollout) and I had to manually install the DisplayLink drivers, which worked perfectly. However when I un-plugged from the dock and tried to run a video using the Xbox video it tosses an error message that only went away after I uninstalled the DL software.

A solution to this would be great as it would allow us to look at both the Pro and the DL docks as options for our sales field.
f4denz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
f4denz

Default Yeah, not so much

So I tried the most recent DL software but this time on a Tarus ACP70US7 dock, and this time around it didn't break the ability to play videos when the dock was disconnected, this time it simply didn't offer any type of multiple monitor support. A bit confused how they could replace something that was working but broke with a version that isn't broke but just doesn't work.

So while the idea of Display Link driven USB 3 docks is attractive, it seems that this isn't a solution that I can recommend for our company moving forward as there are simply too many bugs and issues.
f4denz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
droberson

Default Support OR LACK THERE OF....

I posted originally in Feb. No one from DL has answered or responded. How can Microsoft partner with a company that has no support???
Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
droberson

7.2 version seems to fix most issues.