Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
Skywalker

Default MacOS Monterey

After upgrading to the MacOS Monterey beta I have some issues.

I can manually start Displaylink Manager 1.4 and all seems to be working. 2 monitors connected with a Dell D6000 dock.

After a minute or so, both monitors go black and only the monitor of my Macbook keeps working. Strange thing is that my screens go black, (no signal) but stay active in the background until I quit the Display Manager software. After I quit the software all my windows come back to my Macbook screen.

I collected the logs as requested. (verbose)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20210706_100118.zip (2.18 MB, 0 views)
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
timsutton

Default Same Experience

My symptoms are exactly the same. This is very similar to the issue I was having on Big Sur before I upgraded to v1.4, the difference being, eventually the docking station would recognize the monitors and reconnect. Under Monterey I have to physically disconnect the docking station from the Macbook and reconnect.

Also, under Monterey, the Display Link manager still recognizes the monitors as being connected.

Are there any prerelease versions of the driver we can test that might address this issue?

Thanks!
timsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:28 AM   #3
ThePK

Default Same

Exact same issue here. I used the very first developer beta of Monterey without issues. It's only the second beta release (version 21A5268h) which this issue started manifesting for me.
ThePK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
SLex

I am experiencing the same issue with the following configuration:

- MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i7)
- MacOS Monterrey (clean install, second beta)
- Kensington SD4900P dock
- 3 external monitors connected with HDMI

After a minute or so, the two DisplayLink external monitors plugged into ports 2 & 3 go black but stay awake. The main Alt-mode external monitor plugged into port 1 keeps working properly. MacOS seems to think that the DisplayLink monitors are all still there.

Power cycling the dock fixes the problem for about a minute or so, and then the two DisplayLink monitors black out again.

I am testing this on a standalone MacBook that I use only for checking compatibility with Monterey. If you need any alpha or beta testers for your next driver releases I'd be happy to help!
SLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #5
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

Thank you very much for your feedback about 2nd Monterey BETA release.

We were able to also reproduce this issue in our office and our engineers are already working on resolving this problem so we are ready for a final Monterey release.

For now I cannot say much as we do not have a set ETA to resolve this problem but it may be addressed in the new driver release.

Currently, if you would like to use Monterey, I would recommend using 1st Beta until we resolve this issue.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #6
roro

Default Beta 3 seems more stable.

The Beta 3 seems to have resolved the issue for now. Or at least seems more stable than 2. The issue has not represented itself. Been running it for about 30 minutes now. Will continue monitoring and keep ya'll updated.
roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:18 PM   #7
roro

Update: Left the laptop connected and asleep in clamshell mode. Returned back 2.5 hours later and was able to wake up the monitors and still seems connected. It's remembering the monitor configurations (1 rotated 90 degrees, and 1 Landscape. Charging functions seems to have resumed as well. (My dock had stopped charging my laptop previously.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:07 PM   #8
roro

Update: Still able to run Clamshell mode and 4 screens (3 + laptop) without any issues.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:53 PM   #9
timsutton

Default Yay Beta 3!

Same here. Beta 3 seems to have resolved my issues. Let's just hope it stays that way.
timsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:41 AM   #10
wimpog

Is there a new software for MacOS Monterey?
Can't use DisplayLink Doc Station at all.
Please help!
Thanks!
wimpog is offline   Reply With Quote