Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
decibyte

Default Ubuntu 15.04 + Dell D3000

I'm very excited to discover that a Linux driver is finally released, although I understand that it's still work in progress.

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9333) laptop running Ubuntu 15.04 attached to a Dell D3000 USB dock. I also have an external display already connected via the Mini-DP in the laptop.

When I connect the dock, after a while, in the Display Settings, a 3rd display connected to the dock via HDMI appears. I'm able to enable this, but after a short while, it seems like the X server crashes. This happens whether I'm using all 3 displays (the laptop display included) or trying to use only the display connected to the dock. Before X crashes, the curser movement on the dock connected display is very stuttering, as if the refresh rate is ~5Hz, although the display says it's 60Hz.

I've attached my displaylink logs and an extract of my syslog from I plug in the USB dock, through X crash, until I log in again and start a new session.
Attached Files
File Type: zip displaylink.zip (174.5 KB, 1 views)
decibyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d3000, dell, linux, ubuntu