Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
gtreulands

Hi!

DisplayLink 2.1. driver works good (mouse is not lagging anymore), but I've noticed, that once in a minute - Finder crashes and restarts itself!

(mid 2010 macbook pro i5 2.4ghz - using it as closed and connected 1 monitor through mini displayport and second using usb2 displaylink)
gtreulands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
gilesmartin

i have been noticing this constant crashing of WindowServer as well. It is a known issue identified in the bug report for this driver.
gilesmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Everett

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtreulands View Post
Hi!

DisplayLink 2.1. driver works good (mouse is not lagging anymore), but I've noticed, that once in a minute - Finder crashes and restarts itself!

(mid 2010 macbook pro i5 2.4ghz - using it as closed and connected 1 monitor through mini displayport and second using usb2 displaylink)
I am also seeing the finder crash, although sporadically. I *seem* to have resolved this after monitoring the messages in console, noting that the crash seemed related to insufficient disk space, and cleaning up some space.

Hope this helps!
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
gtreulands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I am also seeing the finder crash, although sporadically. I *seem* to have resolved this after monitoring the messages in console, noting that the crash seemed related to insufficient disk space, and cleaning up some space.

Hope this helps!
When I first encountered this problem I indeed had little free ram left (less than 1GB), but now - I've unplugged usb monitor, have above 2 GB free ram, and still encounter this problem.
gtreulands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
sw41

I have 2 different docking stations with dual monitor outputs that ran great in 10.8 and now on 10.9 I am getting the "only 1 of the 2 monitors" comes up + the laptop display.

Using 2012 Macbook Pro with all Maverick updates, Lenovo's USB3 universal docking station with dual dvi and the Targus usb3 dvi/hdmi docking station. (both have the display link sticker on them)

I can plug in 1 monitor into either port and it comes up, then the 2nd one does not. SysPref > Displays shows there are 3 displays but only 2 are "on".
sw41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
dustinkraus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehendrix View Post
Just want to comment, just upgraded to Mavericks now that 2.1 driver is out. So far so good.
Using the menu bar on all screens, only issue I notice is that the "Apple" icon on the menu bar is not showing on the Displaylink display whereas it is showing on others.
No flickering or lagging noticed so far. Using 1 DisplayLink display.
I am also seeing this but my apple menu icon shows up in the middle of the menu bar. The Apple menu is still in the right place as I can click in the blank space and it appears, but the apple logo itself is in the middle of the menu bar
dustinkraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
ehendrix

Mine is just not showing, but clicking in the area it should be works and then it shows the Apple icon together with the menu, when I then click somewhere else the Apple icon goes away again.
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #18
dontheman

Default Beta

I agree. The new version always leave one monitor under powered and the beta did not. Going back to the beta.
dontheman is offline   Reply With Quote