Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #11
Herb Caudill

I'll send the log zip file via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Has this always happened or did it used to work on earlier versions of DisplayLink software?
I've only experienced this since I upgraded to 4K monitors. I've used DisplayLink adapters for a long time with non-4K monitors and haven't had the issue with them.

Quote:
Do you see the original issue in other browsers?
It's not a browser thing, or an application-specific thing. It applies to the entire display and to all applications: the desktop, Windows Explorer, Photoshop, Visual Studio, etc.

Quote:
Can you try a different displayport cable (to that connected to the adapter)?
I've tried several different cables from different manufacturers.

Quote:
Does this happen at other resolutions?
Yes, it happens regardless of the resolution used. I'm currently using the native resolution on all monitors, but for example if I change the 4K monitors from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080, I still have the same color inversion on the DisplayLink monitors.

Quote:
Have you seen this issue on other notebooks and monitors?
At this point I have three external monitors: Two Dell P2415Q units, and one Dell UP2414Q. I've tried all combinations of monitors and adapters, and as long as one monitor is connected directly to the laptop via DisplayPort, the ones connected via DisplayLink USB adapters exhibit the color inversion.

The only way to make the problem go away is to connect all the external monitors using DisplayLink USB adapters. This is not ideal because the DisplayLink 4K adapters don't support a 60Hz refresh rate.

I haven't tried this with another laptop because I don't have one that has a DisplayPort jack.

Thanks for your help -
Herb
Herb Caudill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #12
Kubam

Thank you Herb for all tips. I've managed to reproduced it internally.

We will keep you informed how it is progressing.

BR,
Kuba
Kubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
Kubam

Hi again,
can I ask you to:
1. set value LargeScreenBoostCapable to false under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Core\ in Windows Registry
2. Reboot computer
3. Check if issue still exists

Please let me know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Kubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
macguyver13

Default It works

I had this same issue and I disabled the LargeScreenBoostCapable in the registry and rebooted. The colors appear normal again, but I just looked in the registry and the setting is set back to 1 now. Not sure if that matters, but I'm just glad to have my colors working again.

Before, I had to change the palette down to 16-bit color in order to get the colors to work, but then you lose a lot of detail. This fix seemed to work for me. I just wanted to post in case others come across this.
macguyver13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, dl-5500