Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
dingis12

Exclamation UI tray icon no longer shows up in system tray & display no longer works

Hello,
I purchased 4 TrulinkŪ Wireless USB to VGA Kits, and with a few issues, all four of them installed correctly. The UI was in the system tray, and we could change settings. Then, all of a sudden, 2 of the four of them stopped working. The monitor no longer displayed, but it does show TRULink, which means that is properly connected to the monitor. The UI no longer shows up in the system tray either.

After it stopped working, I uninstalled both the DisplayLink Core Software, and the DisplayLink Graphics software. Additionally, I uninstalled the corresponding device in the Device Manager. Once I rebooted, I inserted the USB device again while making sure that the wireless VGA was connected to the monitor. The device installed fine, and I rebooted. Lastly, I installed the software on the USB device. I saw it flash the display for a second, but that was all. It appears everything is fine, but there is no UI system tray icon nor does it display on the monitor.

Additionally, I followed the directions to troubleshoot in these 3 links, and it appears that everything is functioning fine.
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=327
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=323

Additionally, I checked in the Event Viewer and couldn't find any indications that it was not working in there either. In Device Manager, it appears that I am getting 2 devices. I attached the pictures from both.

Also, a minor issue, and not as vital as the other, but on a third device, out of nowhere, I get the noise that the USB device was removed, the screen goes black, I get the noise again, and the screen pops up again. When it is black, all the screens on the second monitor pop back over onto the first.

Computer 1 is a Compaq dx2300 Microtower
Computer 2 is an Optiplex 755

Thank you in advance for your assistance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Computer 1.jpg (19.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Computer 2.jpg (19.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by dingis12; 07-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.
dingis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Wim

Sounds like the wireless link is on the edge of good reception, so you are either getting USB errors or the device is dropping off the USB bus and reconnecting. Do you get the same problems if the devices are close to each other (and you only use one at a time so they don't interfere with each other on wireless)?

Is it possible to wire into the device to bypass the wireless connection and see if the problem solves itself? Would narrow it down to the wireless link.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ui usb vga malfunction