Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 09-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #51
Michael.A.Alan

It's been over 2 weeks since the last official word from DisplayLink, any chance we can get a progress report on the state of this issue?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:05 AM   #52
smchargue

and 5 days since this simple request for just some response to this highly inconvenient bug. Is there just no hope?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #53
daskas

Default The below response from robmc worked for me

This fixed it for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmc5 View Post
I have found the fix for this issue. I have a Lenovo W530 with the Nvidia Quadro K1000M and I am trying to use two displaylink USB adaptors. This has fixed this issues for all our users that have the problem.

You will need to go into the BIOS on your machine, go to display settings and set the adapter to “discreet graphics”. Next there will be a selection under that for “allow operating system to auto detect” disable this feature.

Reboot and the Start Menu, Edge, Cortana, and all apps will work with the Display Link Drivers installed.

You can also make this change in Windows under PC setings/Advanced Startup/Troubleshoot/Advanced Options/UEFI Firmware Settings/Restart
Old 09-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #54
JezzH

Hi all,

Just letting you know that we have identified a fix for this issue and it is due to be included in the next release of DisplayLink, which is due in the first half of October.

Thanks,
Jezz
Old 09-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #55
smchargue

Thanks. I tried disabling the discreted graphics as described and it didn't work for me. I'm not being obstinate because I want a functioning driver, I would do this if it worked for me. I have 4 monitors, and using this solution I only have 2; which is the number I would have if I uninstalled displaylink as well.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #56
ratbone

Default good news if fix works

The problem has reared it's ugly head again for me I thought it was fixed but was not.

Let's hope the update from displayLink works