Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-14-2020, 02:13 AM   #1
tritos-design

Default Mouse cursor artifacts in Linux Mint 18.2

I installed DisplayLink driver version 5.3.1.34 today. The displays are working OK, but there is a peculiar glitch with the mouse cursor, which leaves a trace sometimes - most often when going over a window title bar, at specific areas on webpages in Firefox browser and when leaving/entering certain windows.

The traces of the cursor are removed automatically after a short time or when the respective area is refreshed. So it seems to be a problem of the display not refreshing. However, this affect all displays, even the ones which are not connected to the DisplayLink device.

The effect disappears when the DisplayLink device is disconnected.

I am running Linux Mint 18.2 and the graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 530. I also have an Nvidia card installed (nouveau driver), but it is inactive during the desktop use when the issue occurs.

I tried several fixes like adding a 20-displaylink.conf to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d, but this didn't help and sometimes even rearranged my display position settings (I have a laptop display and two external displays on top; one connected to the laptop directly and one connected to the DisplayLink device), i.e. the displays where then aligned next to each other.

I also tried installing Nvidia proprietary drivers, but then X didn't even start anymore until I removed the Nvidia drivers....

Installing older drivers didn't work at all (X just froze for driver versions 5.2 and below).

The display is still useable in this state, but it is a somewhat disturbing issue.

Any help for this?
tritos-design is offline   Reply With Quote