Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
ktillman54

Default Windows 8.1 and Resume From Hibernate Issues

Until today I had the Anker 3.0 USB Hub, but I had to return it because anytime I would come out of hibernate the mouse and keyboard attached to the dock would begin to lag and the keyboard would stick. I tried multiple keyboards and mice as well as 7.4M4 and 7.5 versions of the software. I have an HP Pavilion g7 AMD processor 64-bit running Windows 8.1.

As an example of the keyboard sticking here is a sentence that I tried to type when working with the Anker support team (which were being helpful) followed by typing the same sentence on my laptops keyboard:
I have tried wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwth both a Windows 7 ndddddddddddddddddd a Windows 8 laptopoutttttttttttttttttttt y iiises. I have updated to the lllllllllllllllllla version of t .1. drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbus y s this dnot fffffffffffffffffffffxproblem.

I have tried with both a Windows 7 and Windows 8 laptop without any issues. I have updated to the lastest version of the 8.1 drivers (7.5), but as you can see this did not fix the problem.
The only way to resolve this is to completely reboot the machine. As a software developer traveling between my home office and my clients office, that's really not a feasible option for me as I have multiple development environments loaded that I'm in the middle of using.

I did notice in looking at the Windows Services that the DisplayLink Service was running but when I tried to restart it, is said something about being unable to connect to the pipe.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Kyle
ktillman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Wim

DisplayLink are only the Video, audio and Ethernet part of the dock. The USB hubs in the dock (which would connect your USB keyboard would connect through) are not from DisplayLink.

I'd check if there is an update to the USB hub in your dock (you don't say which dock you have) which would be available from the OEMs website. I'd also see if it happened on USB 2.0 aswell as USB 3.0.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
ktillman54

Wim

Thank you for the reply. I had the Anker 3.0 USB Dual Video Dock, but sent it back. I thought that the USB part hub part was separate, but they basically kept having me update the DisplayLink drivers before declaring that their device wasn't compatible with Windows 8.1.

I'm looking for another dock now and if I continue to have the same issue with the new one I'll try your recommendations.

Thanks again,
Kyle
ktillman54 is offline   Reply With Quote