Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #51
KevinG

I see. Unfortunately the Lenovo drivers have the same stability issue (I was actually using them, then moved to other drivers in hope to fix the problem).

I switched the dock to USB-A connection instead of USB-C. Working well so far, fingers crossed.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:32 AM   #52
DonK

Like many others, I have periods of cosntinuous crashing. The crashing appears to come in clusters, that is, several hours can pas with no problem, then for periods of 15 or 20 minutes the crashing occurs. Each crash is preceded by the Logitec USB wireless mouse freezing and the a couple of seconds later the ASUS MB169B+ USB monitor goes black and then restarts, then every minute or so the cycle repeats itself.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P4.20, 5/9/2019
ASRock H310M-HDV/M.2
DisplayLink Driver 9.2.2057.0

Typical Event Viewer messages:
Information 7/22/2020 1:32:03 PM DriverFrameworks-UserMode 1006 Shutdown of a driver host process.
The UMDF Host ({a5fa300a-0694-467b-a935-fbb185fbc1b3}) has shutdown.
Information 7/22/2020 1:32:03 PM DriverFrameworks-UserMode 2000 Startup of a new driver host process.
Information 7/22/2020 1:32:03 PM DriverFrameworks-UserMode 2003 Loading drivers to control a newly discovered device.
Information 7/22/2020 1:32:55 PM DriverFrameworks-UserMode 1006 Shutdown of a driver host process.

And so it continues multiple times until final the monitor remains stable...until the next crash.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #53
demiseitrofv

Default Feel your pain ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannum99 View Post
I have now installed :

Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Docking Station
Targus model DOCK120AUZ
https://au.targus.com/products/usb-3...ion-dock120auz

Using drivers downloaded from Targus

Driver version is 9.2.2335.0

Only a couple days but early indication is stable
This is a strong case to use manufacturer's drivers

I am not going to attempt to install any DisplayLink drivers

My opinion :

ALL MANUFACTURERS should fully test and release new drivers to suit Windows 10
At least Win10 ver 1909, even better ver 2004

Displaylink - Fully test new drivers in consultation with manufacturers, in Windows 10 ver 2004, BEFORE RELEASING DRIVERS FOR DOWNLOAD

Example. Driver for Toshiba DYNADOCK PA3927A-1PRP
Latest is ver 8.2 released June 2017 - Three years old !!
https://support.dynabook.com/support...ext=1200014770

Toshiba DYNADOCK PA3927A-1PRP clearly has issues with DisplayLink drivers, and Toshiba drivers VER 8.2 are too old

Thank you for your detailed information on this issue - I'm experiencing the same thing w/ my dock so I feel your pain.

And thank you also for posting the link to a dock which is working for you (awesome!) - I may be returning my current dock soon and purchasing this one.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #54
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on this thread.

We have analyzed the logs that were here but unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the issue so we need your help in reaching to the core of the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please gather log files by following the third link in my signature and along with the issue description please send them on our email address: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com

This will allow us to treat each case separately as the root cause will be different due to the setup differences.

Thank you for your actions.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 07-30-2020, 12:25 PM   #55
poweredge

i got the same issue mentioned as a lot of users in this thread as well..

2 different laptops / corporate and private one - ofc fully up 2 date wr to drivers and firmware...with both beta and stable drivers i experience disconnects and crashes and also audio pops (eg when i open an app / specific browser / the audio ticks).

sent the logs and info ofc already with email.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #56
tannum99

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiseitrofv View Post
Thank you for your detailed information on this issue - I'm experiencing the same thing w/ my dock so I feel your pain.

And thank you also for posting the link to a dock which is working for you (awesome!) - I may be returning my current dock soon and purchasing this one.
Unfortunately the issues did return, but not as bad.
After much discussion with notebook and dock manufacturers support people, I have basically given up.

Best workaround for me :
Connect external monitors direct to the notebook, not via the dock.
In my case my notebook has HDMI and D-Sub ports. Using those for 2 x external monitors, zero crashes for a long time.
So basically using the dock as a glorified USB hub with sound.
Obviously only a workaround, not a solution.

Best guess (only a guess) seems to be a compatibility issue with certain notebook mainboards and DisplayLink chips, or a fault with DisplayLink chips

I am hoping manufacturers are reading this thread and working on it. Personally I am watching for manufacturers Targus and/or Toshiba to release updated drivers/firmware for their products to address this issue

TOSHIBA DYNADOCK PA3927A-1PRP latest driver ver 8.2 June 2017
https://support.dynabook.com/support...ext=1200014770

TARGUS DOCK120AUZ latest driver ver 9.1 April 2019
https://www.targus.com/form/download...sku=DOCK120AUZ

I have lost all faith in DisplayLink drivers.
Meantime using the above workaround with no issues ..........
Old 08-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #57
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello tannum99,

May you please provide me with more details on this issue that you are experiencing on the Targus dock?

As I believe it has been working without issues for some 3 months? Did you change anything in the configuration? Or maybe you have run some updates?

Please follow the 3rd link in my signature and gather log files from the Targus dock.

Thank you for any additional information that you may share.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #58
matthew.freeth

Default Issue still ongoing ... any updates?

hi folks,

We're seeing the same issue using HP equipment (0000's of devices). In particular -> https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...7&postcount=19

Has anyone had any 'luck' with this?

- Drivers/firmware are all up-to-date, using latest DisplayLink (9.4.x)
- Issue occurs on multiple devices, so not a faulty unit
- Issue comes in 'waves' (nothing ... then several times)

I see the event ID errors as others do.

Issue is "worse" when using a Logitech BRIO camera (again, we have many of these - all are affected, and the firmware is up-to-date) during conf calls (Teams for example).

Seems to be when the docking station is 'pushed' that something fails, and it crashes/reboots.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #59
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for informing us about it.

May you please gather the log files by following the third link in my signature? We would like to analyze them as we are lacking enough information from our users and for now we were not able to reproduce the issue in our office.

Thank you for your further feedback!

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 08-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #60
matthew.freeth

Thanks Jakub, I've emailed you the details separately (thanks for the quick response to my email!

We can easily reproduce the issue our-side. Let me know if you need help?

-Matt
Closed Thread