Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Babs89

Unhappy DisplayLink not detecting Lenovo Thinkvision LT1421 on Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Hello everyone,

I hope somebody might be able to help me with an issue I'm having with DisplayLink. I've just bought a lenovo thinkvision LT1421 USB monitor for my work laptop (a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 with Intel HD graphics card). The product arrived, I installed the drivers / Displaylink and attached the device. The device installs correctly (as a 'USB display adapter' in Device manager) and the hardware ID checks out (I read in another forum there is a particular code that indicates the monitor is faulty - I do not get that code). The DisplayLink software also installs correctly.

On reboot the DisplayLinkManager service starts correctly and I get no error messages of any sort. The issue I'm having is that the the Displaylink tasktray icon never appears and the lenovo monitor doesn't appear in the 'screen resolution settings' (pressing 'detect' only results in an option to enable the VGA port output). It seems as though DisplayLink never detects the monitor is there. I also read that a particular intel graphics card service can cause conflicts (igfxpers.exe) - I've disabled this and still no joy. I've also purchased a powered USB hub to see if that was the problem but I've still not been able to get it to work. I have upgraded to the latest DisplayLink drivers/software on the website too.

Does anybody know of anything else I can try? If not, I will have to abandon this idea which is a shame as the portable external monitor would have been extremely useful.

My machine is a lenovo ThinkPad T420 (32 bit) running Windows 7.
Babs89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lenovo lt1421 t420