Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-28-2020, 01:13 AM   #1
marcd

Default 10.15.6 - Non-functional with 5.2.4

This is a huge problem that needs to be resolved ASAP.

Now that I have upgraded to MacOS 10.15.6, driver 5.2.1 is no longer compatible and 5.2.4 does not allow 2 separate external screens. MacOS sees them as a single monitor for everything EXCEPT the mouse.

DisplayLink Manager does not support clamshell mode, which is required for me.

So, I'm dead in the water right now. Please fix these issues ASAP.

The bug I mention above about mirroring is specifically called out in the 5.2.4 release notes as being FIXED...?
marcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
JohnnyRocks

I'm having the same issue. I upgraded my Mac to 10.15.6, and uploaded the Display Link Manager, and Display Link driver, and now I am unable to use my 2nd monitor, and when I'm in clamshell mode, the Mac goes to sleep every 30 seconds. Please fix this asap!

Thank you,

John
JohnnyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:51 AM   #3
johnpaul22

Default Same issue

Hey Marc, I am having the exact same issue and it is def annoying. I finnagled around with the setting on my mac and still having the same issue. Its like it wont register one of my displays and will mirror but I cant use the one monitor. I am sure it will be fixed soon as the Mac update is maybe a week old. I am just glad people have the same issue lol
johnpaul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
Remex

Default Agreed- after Trouble Shooting

The timing of everyone on this thread's issues coincides with my experience. I've tested all the hardware and cables - the logic is software and it only started playing up 12-24 hours ago... Please fix, I can't use monitor, otherwise and I desperately need it for work. Thank you.
Remex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:30 AM   #5
toshibauser

Default Dual Monitor Not Functioning on Drive 5.2.4

After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.15.6, my Targus dual-monitor docking station no longer working. Even upgrading the DisplayLink driver from 5.2.4, the dual-monitor function still not functioning properly. I am sure the driver needs to upgrade again to fix this issue. Now, I cannot use my Targus docking station anymore. Please fix it as soon as possible! I need my dual monitors back for my job! Thanks
toshibauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #6
Richard.d

Hello, I have just upgraded to macos 10.15.6
I am having the same problems as described above.
I am trying to use two monitors + my laptop screen with my Targus dock, all three screens work, however the two externals seem to be mirrored and only allow mouse to move across. They seem to be sharing the same "Space" for Mission Control.
I would expect Mission control spaces to show "Desktop 1" for laptop, "Desktop 2" for first screen, "Desktop 3" for the second screen ... however both external screens share "Desktop 2".
I dont think its the permissions issue as I have followed all the guides and Security and Privacy shows the correct permissions.
Richard.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #7
altphil

Default 10.15.6 - Non-functional with 5.2.4

Edit: Possible WORKAROUND for some of you below in the update.

Ditto.

Dug in a little bit this morning.

First, the laptop screen works fine.
The 1st monitor creates a desktop, windows can exist on it, you can see the mouse, but you can't see anything because the 2nd monitor's desktop is displayed (mirrored) on the 1st monitor.
The 2nd monitor seems to work fine, besides mirroring it's display over the first monitor.

It's like the windowserver runs totally normal except it mirrors monitor #2's display on both monitor 1 and 2. You have this whole invisible desktop that should be on monitor 1.

The new displaylink manager app works great, as expected. But the "no rotation" thing makes it useless for my work station, which only fits on the desk with one monitor rotated.

It's certainly an issue. Going to suck at work until either the displaylinkmanager app can rotate or 10.15.6 is fixed with a new driver, I guess?

Update: (Workaround found for my case)
On my startech usb-c hub (DK30CH2DPPD), if I use the two Display ports output, I get the above issue. If I use one Display port for one monitor, and the one HDMI output for the other, it works totally like normal.
So it appears to be when you are using the first two outputs on the USB-C hub, you get the weird mirror effect.

I have it working now. Of course, now I have to go find an HDMI to DVI converter as I borrowed this one to test.

So there's a workaround. Sort of. If you can use different outputs, it seems to work. Apparently you can't use two of the same output types?

Last edited by altphil; 07-30-2020 at 05:10 PM.
altphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #8
mfiorentino

Default What worked for me

I have updated to MacOS Version 10.15.6 (19G73).

The first thing I realized is that my Totu universal dock didn't worked with the screens, but it did charge my Mac.

In order to modify this situation I took the following steps.

1. I downloaded the Display Link Manager (Version 1.0, Released June 22, 2020) for Catalina 10.15.
https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos

And subsequently followed all the instructions.
Still no image. No display extension.

2. I clicked on LaunchPad.

3. I searched for DisplayLink.
This asked me to allow the the drivers/software/whatevers into the Security & Privacy section of Settings. That will request to close the program.

4. Repeat step 2. Now it should work.

5. Go straight to Settings>Display and figure out whether your external displays are being recognized. They should be recognised on step 4, but they will be disarranged.

Hopefully it works for you too!
mfiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #9
HectorLarks1

I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.6. Apple introduces a new kext block list. Apple blocked 5.2.1 from running on Catalina 10.15.6 now.

I'm NOT going to 5.2.4. It is not stable at all. I use this product and I also have several clients that are DOWN because of this fiasco.

My workaround: Booted into Recovery mode. Ran csrutil disable in Terminal. Booted back to normal.

Everything after this do with sudo: Backed up these files (don't ever continue unless you have a fallback position):

sudo cp -v /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist.old

sudo cp -v /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist.old

Used a file editor to search and removed all keys and strings to "DisplayLink" in both files mentioned above.

Booted into Recovery mode. Ran csrutil enable in Terminal. Booted back to normal.

I have 5.2.1 running on Catalina 10.15.6. I'm sure I'll be dealing with this issue again when the next update happens but this time I can plan ahead and script around this.

Really getting fed up with this DisplayLink and Apple. I have $200+ wavlink units across 40 stations (office and home office) and can't have 5.2.4 instabilities.
HectorLarks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:48 PM   #10
simonmason

Default Things are not ok in DisplayLink Land on Mac

I have two MacBooks - Air and Pro - hooked to two Dell D6000's.

The Pro was running 10.15.5 and working fine, even in clamshell. It has one monitor hooked to it using HDMI to HDMI.

Then mysteriously it started playing up today. It is hooked to an LG widescreen with a resolution of 2560x1440 75Hz. DisplayLink insisted on setting resolution to 3840x2160.

I tried everything and it didn't work so I finally upgraded to 10.15.6. Clamshell no longer works - it displays for about 30 seconds and then goes blank, plays some sort of system sound and then comes back on and repeats this. Resolution still stuck at 3840x2160.

So I downloaded the SwitchResX utility and forced it to native resolution.

The MacBook Air has not worked in clamshell since I installed the 5.2.4 driver.

Fun!
simonmason is offline   Reply With Quote