Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
mmetzger

Default Intel HD 5500 and display link

I am running the following system:

Dell Laptop E5450:
Windows 7 Enterprise
Service Pack 1
64-bit

Display adapter:
Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 (Driver version 20.19.15.4390)

Displaylink Software
Core: 4.9.1488
Graphics: 7.9.1505.0

I am getting the following error:
The installed version of DisplayLink USB Graphics software does not support this graphics card, which uses a newer version...

I am not sure what is after the ... since it is cut off in the notification area icon. But, a quick google search suggests display driver or sort.

This message is from the DisplayLinkUI-Sys Tray Application.

Is there a way around this issue or should I tell my company to just give a dock station and not use displaylink?

Michael
mmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:15 AM   #2
mmetzger

I was able to resolve this issue.

By downgrading my graphics driver to 10.18.14.4280. Device manager claims it is not digitally signed, but it came from dell's web site with the express service tag number for this E5450 machine.

One note, the latest and graphics displaylink software did not work. I was seriously ready to give up and I decided to remove the latest and just use what the stock adapters give me on boot up. The version they are running is DisplayLink Core Software 7.7.60366.0. There is no listing for Displaylink graphics like the latest one tried to install.

I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this issue with this laptop. My next step was just to use a docking station with DVI instead of my USB to HDMI adapters.

Regards,

Mmetzger
mmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello,
I don't know which device you are using, but DisplayLink does not make anything you can buy. We are a semiconductor company who also write the drivers for the chip we sell.
That's why DisplayLink has unfortunately no influence on the driver version shipped with an end product.

We've recently been made aware of an upcoming change in the Intel graphics drivers. However, we were told it doesn't apply to the current versions in the field, only to Kaby Lake platforms today...
On Windows 7, our driver unfortunately has to work hand-in-hand with the primary graphics card drivers. This need is being removed in our new driver architecture.
We are testing our new drivers to release them next week. If you wish to experiment now, you can contact me through a tech support ticket (technical_enquiries at displaylink.com) and I'll give you a release candidate.

Once we have rolled out the new installer from 8.0, I will looking to change the version available for generic products on Windows 7 Windows Update (currently 7.7 M4 = 7.7.60366.0).
The upcoming installer doesn't get screens blank when installing because files are changed during the following reboot. Most people don't have an issue today so I don't want to poke the bear with an update stick.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote